Thread: I am proud

I am proud

I am proud of myself and changed a life already.I am into mentoring now and my husband talked me into into it.He does mentor a 15 year old boy,William every Tuesday and Friday night.I am mentoring a 13 year old girl,Samantha and she likes me.I started Monday and met her Sunday for the first time.She was raped 2 monthes ago by one of her father' friends and knows she is not alone.I did tell her my story when I was raped when I was 15 years old and we hugged when she told me thank you for telling her that she is not alone.The good news is her friend that is now her father's ex friend now who raped her is charged with raping her.I told her I am going to be there for her and she can talk to me for advice.Her parents already see a big change in her,her confidence is back and they like me as her mentor.Samantha says I am cool,I showed her my 2005 Mini Cooper,1980 Chevy mailbu hot rod station wagon and my 1983 Monte Carlo and knows I am a car nut by heart.I toook her to my garage to show my cars.I did fire up my Mini Cooper and my hot rod station wagon which she asked me to and I said yes to.She did want to hear My monte Carlo fired up,I told her the new rebuilt engine is setting in it and is not ready to fire up yet.She understood that and noticed my accent right away.I told Samantha that I am German,immigrated to the USA from Germany when I was 4 years old with my parents.I am going to see her tonight,7:00 to 8:00 pm and we are going to know each other more.

Re: I am proud

Caitlynn, you are an inspiration! Everyone needs someone to love and understand them!

I love Samantha and I am showing she can do anything any male can do.She showed me what she is doing with her father,they are building a custom built motorcycle together and I am impressed with her on this.Her father even believes in her that she can do anything.I did meet her 19 year old sister Katrina last night and she is also glad I am in her life knowing Samantha is not alone as a rape victim.

You will inspire her with how you lead your life, Caitlynn, and how you've survived what you've been through yourself!

I told her that I moved on when I was raped and I am already inspiring her.She did tell me that her school counsoler and one of her teachers want to meet me and that will be on Monday during my lunch break.I told her not to give up and be strong.Samantha has been doing that.I told her that I want to hear the custom built motorcycle that her father and her are building when it is done.Her father said yes to this and she did hear my 1983 Monte Carlo with no exhaust yet fired up this afternoon,she was excited about it.

Thread Information