Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've Learned That...

I've learned that, no matter what happens, how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles four things: a rainy day, the elderly, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas lights.

I've learned that, regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.

I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life"..

I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life withe a catcher's mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.

I've learned that if your pursue happiness, it will elude you. But, if you focus on your family, your friends, the needs of others, your work and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you.

I've learned that whenever I decide someting with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.

I've learned that every day, you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch --holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

--from an e-mail I received.

Re: I've Learned That...

amen

I borrowed that to pass on to some people who truly need it.

"If you will take the time to read these, I promise you'll come away with an enlightened perspective. The subjects covered affect us all on a daily basis:

They're written by Andy Rooney, a man who has the gift of saying so much with so few words. Enjoy.....

I've learned...That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.

I've learned...That when you're in love, it shows.

I've learned...That just one person saying to me 'You've made my day!' makes my day.

I've learned...That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.

I've learned...That being kind is more important that being right.

I've learned...That you should never say no to a gift from a child.

I've learned
    ...That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.

I've learned...That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.

I've learned...That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.

I've learned...That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.

I've learned...That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

I've learned...That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.

I've learned...That money doesn't buy class.

I've learned...That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.

I've learned...That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.

I've learned...That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.

I've learned...That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.

I've learned...That love, not time, heals all wounds.

I've learned...That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.

I've learned...That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.

I've learned...That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.

I've learned...That life is tough, but I'm tougher.

I've learned...That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.

I've learned...That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

I've learned...That I wish I could have told my Mom that I love her one more time before she passed away.

I've learned...That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.

I've learned...That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

I've learned...That when your newly born grandchild holds your little finger in his little fist, that you're hooked for life.

I've learned...That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.

I've learned...That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done."

-----------

Received in an e-mail
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

i liked those

I was reading some inspirational quotes today and thought I would bump this one back up to send inspiration for those that could use some today.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

I've Learned That - I don't have to become a victim of someone else act. We control our destiny.

I've Learned That - No matter how good i can be, there will still someone will say that I'm bad.

I've Learned That - It doesn't matter what people have to say, in the end is what your decision about the thing. Because you are responsible for it.

I've Learned That - Not everything that comes in your life you have to fight, i can choose my battle.

I've Learned That - I can choose who i want to become, not to become someone else simply to please anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.
    love this one!

I've learned that it's wonderful to have a good cry when things seem to pile up with no release. With a good cry comes amazing peace even though the circumstances may not have changed.

I totally agree with you, Luba . Sometimes I cry, and i'm not denying it, even though i'm a man (hey there is no such rule that only girls can cry when things get's so rough hehe) and it makes me feel better.
    Last edited by Glenn Rice; 06-20-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Rice View Post
    I totally agree with you, Luba . Sometimes I cry, and i'm not denying it, even though i'm a man (hey there is no such rule that only girls can cry when things get's so rough hehe) and it makes me feel better.
    I think it's wonderful when a man cries, and also is strong enough in self-esteem to admit that! LOVE that! Thanks for posting that, Glenn, as more men, when reading that, will realize what a good and healing thing it is to cry and feel better, more peace.

I use everything built in to the utmost. I laugh, I cry, I think, I don't think, I imagine, etc. We're actually awesome beings, and I say that in a grateful and humble way, not egotistical at all.

"
    I've learned...That when you're in love, it shows.
    )
    I agree with you. And it's hard to deny it.

I've learned that I don't have to be accountable for other people's actions

I've learned that I enjoy having that sense of inner peace

I've learned that I love dancing in my Kitchen to the sound of Abba

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    I've learned that I don't have to be accountable for other people's actions

I've learned that I enjoy having that sense of inner peace

I've learned that I love dancing in my Kitchen to the sound of Abba
    Love those, Rosie!

i've learned that, no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.

I've learned that, if you want a rainbow, you must have to deal with the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmurph View Post
    i've learned that, no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.

These have really touched me deeply! Thank you, Jmurph!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmurph View Post

Those are hard lessons to learn but so true

I've learned that you never ever stop learning

I've learned that listening more instead of talking leads to more understanding.

I've learned that hearing someone snore is comforting because the person is alive and in a deep sleep of rest. How much better is it to hear a person snore than not have that person in one's life at all? Luba's answer to 'how to love listening to snoring'.

I've learned that hearing someone snore is comforting because the person is alive and in a deep sleep of rest. How much better is it to hear a person snore than not have that person in one's life at all? Luba's answer to 'how to love listening to snoring'.

How true Luba.

I've learned that I miss out on so much if I stay in bed too long. I now get up earlier and find I get so much more done and have the opportunity to get out as well before the days end

I've learned that I miss out on so much if I stay in bed too long. I now get up earlier and find I get so much more done and have the opportunity to get out as well before the days end
    So true, Rosie!

I have learned today that I can recylce my old couch covers to make great dining seat covers

I have learned today that I can recylce my old couch covers to make great dining seat covers
    Rosie, I am going to say in a very sincere way that I feel you are a Domestic Goddess! I admire people like you very much!

Rosie, I am going to say in a very sincere way that I feel you are a Domestic Goddess! I admire people like you very much!
    I AM A DOMESTIC GODDESS - that will be my new mantra
    Thank you for the compliment dear Luba. I attribute my abilities to my glorious grandmother. There was very little that was not recycled or reused.

I have learned that there are wonderful people in this world and I have the privelige of knowing some of them.

Thread Information