Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you fear most?

Physically I fear drowning. I am scared to death to drive over bridges for fear my car will fall off the edge and plunge into the water below. I have always feared drowning but it was really brought home to me when a very close friend experienced this first hand after his son nearly drown. He is the reason I am here.

Mentally/Emotionally I fear hurting people I care about. I am dealing with something now and have been for quite some time but still not able to do what I want to do for fear of the pain I will cause. I can't go into more detail yet. Maybe someday. A couple of you already know and that is enough for now.

What are your fears?
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Re: What do you fear most?

I think waking up in a Kafka-esque world is my biggest fear. And worse: I realize we are getting there.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Heights and Drowning!

Thinking of your, TKDLady and praying for Peace in your life; you are SUCH a great person!

For me its heights, drowing and mothernature.

anything hospital related instills a fear in me which has caused me to run infront of a bus and on another occasion jump out a 3rd floor window.
    boats, anything that floats on water due to the rape happening on one.

smaller fears are esculaters - they just freak me out and i cant get a balance on them!

a tiny bit off topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    anything hospital related instills a fear in me which has caused me to run infront of a bus and on another occasion jump out a 3rd floor window.
    Can't say I am too fond of hospitals either. But at least chances of me giving birth to offspring (and thus be hospitalised) are kind of 0%. How would you cope with that?
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post

But at least chances of me giving birth to offspring (and thus be hospitalised) are kind of 0%.
    With all the discoveries happening now, I'd say that men having babies and giving women a rest WILL happen!

How would you cope with that?
    Having a baby is SO different than a normal hospital stay! A baby changes everything...

a tiny bit off topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    Can't say I am too fond of hospitals either. But at least chances of me giving birth to offspring (and thus be hospitalised) are kind of 0%. How would you cope with that?
    im not really sure, its something i like to avoid thinking about tbh, ive considered a home birth many many times. i know there has been many complications during birth for needle phobic patients due to panicking, high blood pressure, passing out, going in to a coma, and generally getting incredibly stressed out and panic.

due to the level of fear and the problems the phobia can cause i dont think id be willing to put the baby in that sort of danger. the less stressed and scared i am the better for the baby and for giving birth. so id have to find the easiest and less frightening option available

I can't really say....

I jump off 60-65' cliffs into big bodies of water so drowning and heights are not an issue for me.

Car accidents don't scare me as I have been in more than I care to recall.

I guess if I really had to say anything, clowns. They are just too damn creepy and no one should be that happy all the time!

Usually if I am scared of something I will just force myself to do it and get it over with, then it's not an issue anymore.

No, I won't do a clown.

Emotionally my biggest fear is not finding anyone to love me.

I have an intense fear of being imprisoned and sharing a cell with a 350 lb Black man named Tyrone that wants me to be his "Baby-Cakes."

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I have an intense fear of being imprisoned and sharing a cell with a 350 lb Black man named Tyrone that wants me to be his "Baby-Cakes."
    LMAO!!!

Just don't do anything bad enough to be locked up with a huge guy named Tyrone and you have nothing to worry about.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

But no issues of being locked away with a 350 lb black man named Shaun?

what if his name was Tyrone but he liked to be called Bambi?

Quote Originally Posted by PepsiChic View Post
    what if his name was Tyrone but he liked to be called Bambi?

PC you just reminded me of an episode in the Young Ones.

i dont know what that is, but i hope its a good thing!!!!

I thought you were British? It is a British stage comedy from the early 80's.

i am british! but hey i wasnt born till 87!

I didn't know what it was either but then I am not British so will plead ignorance in that respect.

No the guys name is the least of my fears.

No the guys name is the least of my fears.
    its the fact he'll be 90 and waving his cane at you...right?!

please someone tell me im not the only person afraid of old people waving canes?! i mean those canes could do some serious eye-poking damage!

You are not the only one. My depth perception is rather poor, and I have a knack of getting accidentally hit with baseball bats (on a practice field) and other stuff like that.

I fear dying alone. I also fear my Xbox 360 needs to be returned becuase its broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Weiser View Post
    I can't really say....

I jump off 60-65' cliffs into big bodies of water so drowning and heights are not an issue for me.
    Same but I do have a fear of falling from a great height and something solid stopping me. I think because I used to go climb allot its given me an acute fear of falling to my death from a great height. I have a very healthy respect for it anyway.

I think I'm a little unnaturally fearful of hitting animals while I'm driving.

I think I'm a little unnaturally fearful of hitting animals while I'm driving.
    I am not so sure that is unnatural. I fear that too. I live in a semi rural area so seeing deer on the side of the road isn't unusual. There have even been bears on occasion, lots of squirrels. We have alligators too but they don't usually cross the road. I fear them when I am in the backwoods near a creek!!!

Thread Information