Analyse this (or not)

Really I don't think any analysis can be done of this dream, it was just whacky!

It started with me (I assumed was me) being in love with this african american male doctor (and yet in the dream I didn't find my straightness odd), who had to be brought back to life after nearly dying. But of course typical miracle recovery. I seemed happy enough, but he chose to leave for Africa to work with Doctors without Borders (could have somethign to do with the fact Boston Legal had a lawyer from Lawyers without borders that night).

Then there was the scientist fighting something, but his powers weren't enough until he levelled up to level 8 (I played Warcraft too much yesterday) and then there were fire works and that fizzled into a party and the return of the African American dude.

The may have been ten pin bowling and then there was a black and red snake in the garden when me and the dude went out for a walk.

I don't think it can be analysed, but it was strange.

Re: Analyse this (or not)

What do you associate black and red with?
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    What do you associate black and red with?
    The enemy!

Okay better explanation - black and Red = colours of Essendon Football Club - arch rivals of Hawthorn Football Club (my team) and thats about all I associate those colours with! I really don't like Essendon at all lol

The snake has more than one meaning. Not only as a symbol of falsehood and such, but also of medicine. And perhaps it is even related to the Garden of Eden.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    The snake has more than one meaning. Not only as a symbol of falsehood and such, but also of medicine. And perhaps it is even related to the Garden of Eden.
    Which would imply what? That I was comfy with my love for the guy cos I knew it was false and not real (I'm usually aware of major things that seem out of place in my dreams while dreaming them)?

No need to really analyse - I just thought the dream was amusing.

I was going to bed an hour ago... darn internet!

The colour of the snake would imply falsehood or something similar. Or something you hate.

Other than that it is hard to make much of the dream.

Now go to bed.

maybe (and im really going on a whim here - ie.making it all up)

your gonna meet some drop dead gorgeous African American guy who will introduce you to a girl who supports your opposing team and its her your gonna fall in love with!

oh and she has a pet snake

World of Warcraft hehehe...

You gotta hear this one then AJ.

I had a dream that me, my siblings, plus my old lady, and my younger sister's husband were all in a car and my mom was driving. Thats 7 people in an old Ford Fairlane. Mom was driving in snow that was about 2 feet thick and I was very worried because my mom is a horrible driver anyway. She had just passed the road we needed to turn down. I told her so, and she STOPPED right in the road, which caused all the traffic behind us to stop as well. She then started to back up, which caused a lot of honking and everyone behind her had to back up as well. Then she pulled into the road she missed, here is the twist, she backed into the road.

So she was driving backwards down the road, and on the wrong side, which was causing a bunch of accidents. We were all yelling at her (and generally freaking out) to pull over but it was like she suddenly went deaf. So I asked to pull up to the store and gave her some money to go get herself a Pepsi (her favorite drink *YUK*)

Trickery at its finest, she went into the store, I jumped into the drivers seat. So she got back in the car and I started driving and we came up to a hill. We were at the top of the hill and I told my younger sister and her husband (we all play WoW) that there was a dragon at the bottom of the hill that guards a treasure chest. It was snowy and icy though and if we drove down there, we could slide right past the dragon and steal the loot in the chest. In the dream I was thinking of WoW and anyhow, the dream ended, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by IR_Efrem View Post
    So I asked to pull up to the store and gave her some money to go get herself a Pepsi (her favorite drink *YUK*)

I sort of figured you might jump up with a comment on that one, LoL

I would apologize but, bleh I cannot stand the taste of pepsi.

Quote Originally Posted by IR_Efrem View Post
    I sort of figured you might jump up with a comment on that one, LoL

I would apologize but, bleh I cannot stand the taste of pepsi.
    lol well i have to stand up for my name sake!

each to their own really i guess. i mean we dont have the delights of things such as mountain dew lol

plus the coke here in the UK tastes very different to the coke in the US and Canada. and Pepsi here actually tastes better!

When I am in the UK I will do a taste test and let ya know heh

Life being what it is, this probably wont happen for a while.

Coke ftw

A Freudian (psychoanalyist) would have a field day with the snake and the threat the guy's masculinity might pose to your "comfy love". I'm not a Freudian . Probably just random stuff from the day

Interesting dream Efrem. I only play Warcraft III not WoW.... I wouldn't dare enter that realm.

and Pepsi.... I don't think I could stand being with an Essendon supporter who owned a snake - I have a huge fear of snakes lol

! well see thats significant!

you hate snakes, and you hate Essendon. and that snake was obviously an Essendon supporter.

a lot of people call untrustworthy people "snakes" as well.
    Last edited by PepsiChic; 05-05-2008 at 07:52 PM.

LOL interesting thinking Pepsi.

And whateve rthis one meant, it will be followed by a nightmare tonight as I just finished watching Predator versus Alien Requiem.

and im about to take this thread off topic...

...what was the movie like?

i hated alien movies, and i hated the predator movies....but i loved Alien vs Predator

Quote Originally Posted by PepsiChic View Post
    and im about to take this thread off topic...

...what was the movie like?

i hated alien movies, and i hated the predator movies....but i loved Alien vs Predator
    Oh it was not too bad... I was always rooting for Predator... but it had a lot more of man v Alien too lol

The ending sucked in some ways... but I won't spoil it.

Thread Information