Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hillary Clinton - Should She Concede?

I don't know where I read or saw the Story, should have looked it up immediately, but my brain hasn't been up to snuff with this illness!

Luba, sidetracked AGAIN....

Anyway, I understood that she spent $6 million dollars more on her campaign, when she should have given that money to the poor and conceded the race..

What do you think?

Re: Hillary Clinton - Should She Concede?

I think she should concede. I have been worried that she just might pull it off and I don't want 4 more years of a Clinton in office, especially her.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

I don't really like her, but it's her money (right?) - she can do whatever the heck she wants to do with it. Hell if I could be president I would do what ever it takes.

I don't trust her at all; she has dolls eyes that kinda reminds me of the puppets in Thunderbirds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

I don't like any of them.

i want a convention battle that tears the democratic party apart

Why?

Are you claiming Afghanistan, Iraq and the budget deficit are successes?
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I want a candidate like Robin Williams' character in Man Of The Year.

He would totally get my vote.

i vote Kermit the frog as president of the USA

He couldn't do any worse than Hillary!!
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Why?

Are you claiming Afghanistan, Iraq and the budget deficit are successes?

the wars will work out long term, and the budget deficit wouldnt be fixed under clinton, as she wants a huge health care system that will cost a ton of money. that would only be fixed by the elimination of a lot of social services and preferrably privatized social security and a consumption tax rather then a
    income tax

Quote Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post

the wars will work out long term
    Thats a massive assumption and I really don't agree that Iraq will work out in the long term, not in the way people would like it too anyway.

Its a massive drain in the US economy as they are supporting the Iraqi economy and Iraqi Army right now as well as spending millions every day on the armed forces out there and I get the impression as a bystander and not a US citizen that I don't think its really sunk in yet to most Americans the sheer cost of what Bush commited you guys too.

Personally in the case of Clinton, if she wants a health care system like the some EU states you need to get out of Iraq quickly and cleanly and ditch some of the more expensive military projects the US has, like Son of Star Wars and CV building and F22's. Ditch that lot and you have your health care system and probably allot more. Getting out now will also mean you won't add to the 29,900 US service personel who have been injured will now be claiming off the state.

id rather have the best military and not end up like europe. The governments job is to have a military not provide healthcare to the poor. Too much of my paycheck already goes to the government universal healthcare is a huge waste of money. The right to free healthcare is not in the constitution

Just because the constitution doesn't have that in it, it doesn't mean it can't be amended, like all the other amendments. When it was written the social welfare was a foreign concept, the need to own a gun wasn't. Slavery was against the constitution but look how that changed. If the English still lived by the Magna Carta from 13th century then we'd have some serious problems.

What about those poor people who've lost there jobs because the government has caused economic decline? If the government puts up a military contract and its won by a company and the other competitors have to make lay offs because they lost who's fault is that? The governments, not the companies because the Government controls licenses for arms manufacturers, they should have made them merge if there was a problem ahead. Why not provide health care to the poor? Aren't they the most in need? The government controls every part of the economy so if there are poor people in a country its the governments fault and no one elses. Its exactly how government works.

Guns are allowed for militia by the constitutional amendment. That hardly describes gun ownership anno 2008.

Amendment VIII strikes me as odd:
    "No excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

Considering that spilling a cup of coffee over one's lap and being too retarded to think of the fact that the coffee you ordered, which thus is SUPPOSED to be hot, is actually hot. How much was the reward for that stupidity again? I think it was over a billion dollar.

And Amendment XV states:
    "Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation."

It sounds quite late 60's like, but in fact was established in 1870. So we can be quite certain that the US did not live up to its own Constitutional Amendments for the best part of a century, if not longer.

I must say I still have not found a shred of evidence for your assertion that the "We the people of the US" agreed that they needed the best military in the world.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

oh i agree we didnt live up to it. im a minority i understand racism and inequality. my issue with healthcare is im selfish and it doesnt help me, why should i pay taxes for something that i derive no benefit from. Besides government is way too big already.

But you do get benefit from it, its an investment. Helping poor people with social welfare means that the poor do not turn to crime. When they turn to crime you need more police, more prisons (the US has 2 million people in prisons), more corrections officers, more judges and all the associated costs. Crime causes social decay and costs the state. Countries with an overall higher average standard of living have less crime and healthy economies. Look at some of the Nordic nations for example.

One day da you may have a child that is in desperate need of the health care you so adamantly are p00 p00ing on now; then we'll see what your thoughts are.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Oh, you can get medical treatment in the U.S. without being insured, even without the government Health Care Program Aides.

Guess who gets to pay all the unpaid Medical bills?

There are approximately 47 Million Americans that are uninsured. Approximately 20 Million of those Americans are working citizens that make too much money from their jobs to qualify for government Health Care Assistance, but make too little money to pay for private Health Care insurance.

The cost of Health Care is rising. More and more people will be uninsured. Our Health Care is getting worse.

What Hillary wants may not be the answer, but it's better than sitting here and doing nothing while others die for absolutely no reason, other than no one cared about this problem because it hasn't affected their personal space yet.

Yes, I think Hillary should concede, but she's not going to. At least that's what she says now.

I saw on the news last night that she's holding out in the hope that Obama will make a gaff at some point and his position will become untenable. Its like coming second in the olympic 100 meters and hoping the person who came first will be stripped of the title on some kind of technicality.

It's all a big waste of money (campaigning that is). Millions and millions spent on so much BS leading up to the election...

The more I think about it, the more I want Robin Williams to be president. lol

And DA, Mondo and Duke have very good points that I think you should seriously consider.

Regardless of what any of them are campaigning for, none of em ever live up to the promises. How long has it been since a candidate has even attempted to bring to fruition, the reasons they got elected for.

They are all $%@*ing liars and once they are in office, they do what they want. On that note I could care less what any of them are doing or who gets elected. I also do not care who is running for what. When I actually see a single elected official that does something that they promised do do, then I might consider voting/caring.

universal healthcare isnt some magic thing where all these people start to live, its more of a way for the poor to take out their frustration of not being equal to the middle class.

Capitalism Magazine: Healthcare To Die For in Britain? by Ralph R. Reiland

Long Lines Mar Canada's Low-Cost Health Care - New York Times

Tales from the Canadian health care system : Brain and Spine Injury Law Blog

You don't think there are wait times for Private Health Care Insurance holders in America, DA?

When you have a child, dying on a Hospital bed because there are no other Doctors available to perform an emergency lifesaving surgery, then you can come talk to me.

Until then, your perspective to me on Health Care in America is elitist.

Of course it is not a magic thing. I certainly do not get the obsession of paying nothing for anything that directly benefits you. Does that mean, that all American citizens who don't see the use of Iraq and Afghanistan can refuse to pay that portion of their taxes that would fund these wars? Sounds promising, and these wars will be hurtful to the US as a country as a whole in the long run, whilst they benefit just a couple of US businesses.

So, please explain to me, why you prefer your tax dollars ending up in the pockets of those businesses on government contracts (which can be argued in some cases to be ANTI-capitalistic protectionistic measures, of which I doubt you are a big fan), instead of improving the lives of ordinary Americans?

When you need cash to pay for an operation, theft, murder (the famous life insurance murders) are all viable, yet costly operations. How many man hours does it take to solve the average life insurance / poison murder claim? It would have been cheaper for the tax payer to pay for the operation than for the hundreds, if not thousands of hours of police investigation, the judiciary, etc. And I am not even thinking of organised crime, which is financially much more damaging to the state, than these relatively petty crimes.

Now if I live in the US, I prefer not to be shot, because a "militia"man is a lousy aim, or is just the next serial spree killer. If I ever lose a loved one that way, I will sue the State for billions for neglecting to properly execute the Second Amendment. The settlement of course which you have to pay for (along with all other tax payers).

And I am not going to make any exception for State approved neglect of its citizens, such as many of the veterans of the Vietnam War. If the State willingly, knowingly, and uncaringly refuses to execute its basic duties, then they are legally and morally and financially responsible for the resultant messes.

The US spends about a billion on the lunacy who is "free" to run the country for the next 4 years. Between quotation marks, because the Presidency, like Senators and Representatives are much more bought positions than freely elected positions.

I think part of that explains many people's distrust of "elected" officials. If you make a big promise, of course there are factors beyond your control whether you can live up to them. But politicians these days don't seem to have much vision, let alone an interest in addressing the needs of the public.

But that seems to be similar to many other countries, including those with (up till know) decent universal health care systems.

Thread Information