Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've Had it!! ( Beware of RAnt)

My b/f informed me that he is buying a new truck today.... That's frigging wonderful, we have tons of medical bills to pay for the baby, we need to buy a house, and he is buying a new truck without asking me.

His responce is that I just bought my Mustang ( did so before I was pregnant) so he needs a new truck, HOW the hell are we going to afford 2 car payments, med bills, baby and home? It's nearly impossible right now...

I really want to throw him out. I hate him so much he is so selfish and inconceriderate. why couldn't he just wait untill we we're established or untill I sold my car.... I really feel like hitting him, Merry Christmas to me huh. We're going to be fighting all weekend.

did he already buy it?

That sux SH, just give him the boot and be done with it. If it isn't a new vehicle thats going to spark debate then it will be something else. It's clear you guys have run your course now it's time to part before it turns into a hate/hate relationship.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

No he didn't buy it YET but he will I should boot him but being pregnant and all that wouldn't be to smart,I'm strting to think I didn't make the correct choice.

You made the correct choice keeping the baby. I think your making a mistake keeping him around even if you're pregnant. You may be worked up, but you have no idea what amount of stress your putting your baby under. If I were you, I'd talk to my doctor immediately and have him/her give you their opinion. Being pregnant is not a good time to be all worked up. You should be pampered and taken care of by a loving mate or close friend. Hell, I'd do it for you if I lived close by.
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

maybe you should kick him out, he will still have to pay child support once the baby is born.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangelism
    maybe you should kick him out, he will still have to pay child support once the baby is born.
    My thoughts exactly. If he has the money to buy a new truck, the courts will make sure he has the money to support a child.
    My Daughter Rules!

I don't think he would dodge the child support, he's not really like that.
    Plus if he did I know his parents would give me money.
    I just wish I could kick him !

Why can't you?
    My Daughter Rules!

she preganant

Good point DA my luck I'd fall on my Arse

Hmmm...Let's take a trip, we can all take turns kicking him. That will give me and Duke a chance to meet anyway.

Sounds like he needs the boot though. He's being selfish putting himself above the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    Why can't you?
    I thought she meant kick him out of the house which is why I asked.
    My Daughter Rules!

The guy gives you Dr. Phil's Relationship Rescue then buys himself a new truck.

Wow, I'm gonna have to file that away for future reference!

No kidding SH, you've a lot to consider beyond whatever Dr. Phil may think. You're gonna take care of a newborn and you will also be the caretaker for what sounds like someone with some serious mental problems (on or off meds). Unless your gonna commit to this for a good chunk of your life, now would be a good time to cut your losses (ever consider an adoption agency?). Sorry to be blunt, (that's curmudgeonly me), but the guy doesn't sound like he's makin' big bucks that will represent significant contributions as child support.

Hope you're family will be there to support you?

Wouldn't it be great if you could bring him on the Dr. Phil show? Dr. Phil would chew his arse up so bad he'd wish he were invisible. The audiance would have a hay day with him as well. He really needs to get his priorities straight here. I'd want to kick him too! He must think he's rockafeller or something. 8O

I would give him an ulternative. Either the truck or you and his little family, which includes his unborn child. If he chooses the truck then you know where you stand and you make him pay child support and help pay those med bills from the birth. His kid too right?

I'm feeling your anger SH. That would really extremely peave me off too. :x
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

I think you need to decide in what capacity you want this man in your life.

If you aren't going to be a couple and make financial decisions together....then he can make whatever purchases he wants to make. It will not keep him from being liable for your medical bills or child support.
    Just give him the bills and if he can't pay them...he'll have to make adjustments to his spending to avoid jail.

You shouldn't even be getting yourself upset over it. If he makes a purchase which will bite him in the butt later....that's his problem.

In the US you cannot be thrown into jail for indebtedness, and liability for child support is a % of income, which if close to zero, won't amount to much.

Since you're, I believe in a common law marriage, it will cost something to prove you are married. Legal costs will mount as you try to recover payments for child/spousal support.

Essentially trying to squeeze blood from a turnip is pretty damn hard to do.

IF it was me, I'd find an adoption agency, hand the guy a restraining order. While this sounds really messed up, its nothing compared to what you'll be facing 5 years from now if you decide to stick it out.

No common law marriage we have only been togeather for 2 years and in Florida common Law doesn't apply. I am not worried about him ditching out on his child support, I run the accounting side of his business so he can't lie and chances are he won't go out of business. His parents told me if he even thinks about it they will take it out of his trust fund... so this is what I'm dealing with an overgrown little rich boy who won't grow up or take responisbility.

...and yet you continue to keep him around, why?
    My Daughter Rules!

I don't know maby I am just hoping things will go back to the way they used to be before the Hurricanes......

Sorry SH, I just don't get it. When is your cut off time for things to go back the way they were, 2 months, 2 years, 2 decades?
    My Daughter Rules!

Good Question. But I have no awanser[/list]

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneheather
    I don't know maby I am just hoping things will go back to the way they used to be before the Hurricanes......
    that statement tells me that you still have love for him and you do see some potential for change.
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

if he even thinks about [avoiding financial responsability for love-child] they will take it out of his trust fund... so this is what I'm dealing with an overgrown little rich boy.
    This statement tells me............. all is not so bad! (at least he's not overgrown and poor)................As long as parents are alive and don't change their minds. Frankly I'm surprised that they haven't insisted you make your union with this guy legal.

Slowly but surely I'm begining to piece together this picture: You work for (not with?) him. So you aren't just emotionally, and with child, physically, entangled, but he is already supporting you as an employee? No doubt the truck purchase was a business expense, not a personal one?

I work for him on the side I have my own career but I do paperwork and the books at home and as well at my office ( I work for a CPA firm)

I wish the truck was a business expence but unfortunatly it's not, it should be but it's not.

Thread Information