Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saving Money

Re: Saving Money

Ah yes, Toronto, Canada.......

CRIME CAPITAL OF NORTH AMERICA!!!

Funny enough Scarborough is the crime capital of the Greater Toronto Area.

The only thing violent around the area that I live in right now are the raccoons :/

i love Toronto dont even get me started on that place its gorgeous!

anywayyyyyyyy money saving....i had (still have) a problem with spending money however ive curbed it down a hell of a lot because i need money to move to America.

one of the things i did was open a Mini ISA - instant savings account, with a trusted bank. this is an account where they took a set amount every 2 weeks or 1 week (i could change as i felt necessary) from my normal bank account and put it in this savings account. i hid the checkbook for that account and after a while forgot about it. i remember it 12 months later and i had the 600 i had put in (50 a month) plus a nice amount of interest in the end had nearly 2000 just sitting there.

Its easy to do something like this especially if you do banking online. just go to another bank one with a savings account with HIGH interest set up a new account.

then in your normal bank set up a direct debit of say $50 every 2 weeks or every month to go into this new account.

Quote Originally Posted by Weiser View Post
    Funny enough Scarborough is the crime capital of the Greater Toronto Area.

The only thing violent around the area that I live in right now are the raccoons :/

What does "crime capital of the GTA mean?"

Do people spit gum on the sidewalk and refuse to wash after using the restroom?

Hi,
    I am also agree !

One thing that really helped me was to take a month or two and keep track of EVERY penny you spend. You will notice where too much money is being spent. Then take time to think of ways to find less expensive alternatives. One big thing with many people is buying lunch instead of packing one. Another is eating out instead of eating at home. If you're not a cooking kind of person, even buying a precooked chicken and bagged salad can cost less than dinner out. Some frozen meals aren't half bad, and I often find them on sale for 1/2 price. Some brands are actually somewhat healthy, too. Get something like Lean Cuisine, and even make your own side dish, like a salad. Drinking at a bar or restaurant is so much more expensive than BYOB or having a few friends over for a beer. If you really like to go to the movies, go after a meal and skip the (expensive and unhealthy) snacks there. Better yet, rent a movie. Make arrangements with friends to have movie night - gathering at each other's homes and having a potluck dinner.

Once you find ways to cut your expenses, it will be so much easier to set aside money - pay yourself first, as many people say.

And if you don't already have a separate savings account, get one. I find it's easier to leave the money in a savings account alone compared to seeing it in a checking account. I've gone as far as opening an account in a different bank so you don't see it every time you check your account balances online. Make the new account harder to access - don't get an ATM card, or check the balance online. Whatever you need to do.

It's difficult, but once you get in the habit, it does get easier.

Best of luck!
    newstart

Hi, even if u have excelent plan how to save there will be always a women standing next to u She wont let u save u too much greets

I am also facing this issue... everytime i decide that next month i will save some bugs... But everytime i failed to save.. & when my income is increase then expenditures are also increasing... But from that post i got some good ideas..!!

Thread Information