Thumbs up Bob Barr- the ONLY candidate to make the TX ballot

Now ask yourself- would you rather have a President that knows how to create a media circus or one that knows how to get his name on the ballot in one of our country's biggest states?

Rules Must Bend to Allow McCain, Obama on Texas Ballot with Barr — Bob Barr 2008

Re: Bob Barr- the ONLY candidate to make the TX ba

I hope he can win his case.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I posted this revelation on another site just to see the McCain supporters crap their pants.

"Unless the state of Texas violates its own election laws, Congressman Barr will be the only presidential candidate on the ballot," says Russell Verney, campaign manager for the Barr Campaign and the former campaign manager for Ross Perot. "Texas law makes no exceptions for missing deadlines."

The Texas Secretary of State Web site shows only Bob Barr as the official candidate for president in Texas.

"We know all about deadlines," says Verney. "We are up against them constantly in our fight to get on the ballot across the nation. When we miss deadlines, we get no second chances. This is a great example of how unreasonable deadlines chill democracy."

"Republicans and Democrats make certain that third party candidates are held to ballot access laws, no matter how absurd or unreasonable," says Verney. "Therefore, Republicans and Democrats should be held to the same standards."

Libertarian Party presidential candidate Bob Barr represented the 7th District of Georgia in the U. S. House of Representatives from 1995 to 2003.

---
    link to the Secretary of State’s web page

I'm sure they'll find their way on the ballot. The two-party collusion will not be denied.
    "You know how it feels when you're leaning back on a chair, and you lean too far back, and you almost fall over backwards, but then you catch yourself at the last second? I feel like that all the time..." - Stephen Wright

I understand that Ron Paul is having his own Convention in Minneapolis because he's not being allowed to speak during the Republican Convention, and must spend the contributions he's received.

I hope he uses a Log Cabin, instead of an Acropolis, as a backdrop.

I'm just saying- if you can't delegate your authority effectively enough to get your name on a ballot- do you really think you need to head a nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Fayebelle View Post
    I'm just saying- if you can't delegate your authority effectively enough to get your name on a ballot- do you really think you need to head a nation?
    Yeah...I just wanted to Derail your Barr thread by mentioning

RON PAUL

What would happen if none of the candidates gets a majority in the Electoral college?
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I love Ron Paul and had a serious internal debate between write in Ron Paul or support Libertarian Bob Barr.

In the end I decided on the latter.

A- The two party system has to GO- especially now that Repubs play so middle of the road.

B- I want the GOP to SEE where conservative votes go when they put up a candidate we don't believe in.

C- I'm a bit disappointed in Paul's diminished spunk towards the end of his campaign.

Well, I'm there with ya, I'm voting for Barr.

But it seems to me that Ron Paul could have helped everyone by declaring himself Libertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post

But it seems to me that Ron Paul could have helped everyone by declaring himself Libertarian.

Ding Ding Ding We have a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    What would happen if none of the candidates gets a majority in the Electoral college?
    The election is decided by the House of Representatives.

B- I want the GOP to SEE where conservative votes go when they put up a candidate we don't believe in.
    Barr could hardly be considered a conservative at this point. He has even expressed regret for his conduct during the Clinton impeachment hearings. He's definitely a Libbertoon now. (And will get my vote.)

C- I'm a bit disappointed in Paul's diminished spunk towards the end of his campaign.
    Despite all the initial hype, Paul got nowhere near the votes the '92 Perot run did. Nor did he actually win anything anywhere, unlike Buchanan taking the '96 New Hampshire primary.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Barr could hardly be considered a conservative at this point. He has even expressed regret for his conduct during the Clinton impeachment hearings. He's definitely a Libbertoon now. (And will get my vote.)

Despite all the initial hype, Paul got nowhere near the votes the '92 Perot run did. Nor did he actually win anything anywhere, unlike Buchanan taking the '96 New Hampshire primary.

Paul was a poor candidate......like wrapping a diamond in Poo-Poo.

Actually, he'll get my vote if I can vote for him.. ... at present it is unclear if his name is going to be on the Libbertoon line in Taxachusetts.

ACLU Mass. files lawsuit for Libertarian candidate to appear on Nov. ballot By Jeremy P. Jacobs

Category: President Tags: Wayne Root, George Phillies, Bob Barr, ACLU
    The American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts has filed a lawsuit against the Massachusetts Elections Division seeking to ensure the Libertarian presidential nominee appears on the November ballot in Massachusetts.

At issue is whether state election officials allow the Libertarian party to substitute Bob Barr and Wayne Root, its nominees for president and vice president, in place of George Phillies, a Massachusetts Libertarian that sought his party's nomination, on the November ballot. In July of 2007, Phillies asked officials if the Libertarian nominee could be substituted for his name because he had to begin gathering signatures to get his name on the ballot well before the Libertarians May 25 convention where its nominee would be chosen.

continued
    Bob Barr | Politicker MA
    And, bleccch...did they really have to use the ACLU?

Paul's biggest mistake- as Scott pointed out- was his unwillingness to flip tickets after the Repub run.

Was he afraid of losing his house seat if he changed parties?

Who knows......
    The Shadow knows...

BUM - BUM - BUMMMMMMMMMMMM....

"You know how it feels when you're leaning back on a chair, and you lean too far back, and you almost fall over backwards, but then you catch yourself at the last second? I feel like that all the time..." - Stephen Wright

Thread Information