Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up McCain chose a VP

Now DM and I have discussed this at length and I really felt McCain would do well choosing the likes of Elizabeth Dole.

Well he took my advice

Sarah Palin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think it was a smart move. She's more qualified then any of the other candidates running IMHO I don't see eye to eye on all of her stances but that's true of any candidate.

Damn shame she's playing second fiddle

Re: McCain chose a VP

Quote Originally Posted by Fayebelle View Post
    Indeed. From what I've seen so far, including today's announcement, I am very impressed with her, and I don't impress easy.

I'm still not voting for McCain though. Republicans would be better off if she were at the top of the ticket. That would be the only way I'd cast a ballot for the Republican nominee.

A beautiful, intelligent woman who can handle a gun. Fantastic!

I agree CCC. This election is more a time to show what we will NOT tolerate in a candidate. I may tolerate McCain as VP but not for Prez

I saw a piece on her on the News last night and I'm impressed. I think she's a good choice. I think she outshines McCain.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

I'm thrilled with Palin - and especially enjoying the tizzy into which the Lefties have been thrown. They can't attack her without exposing the thinness of Obama's experience - she has more executive experience than him. Plus, her entire package is one of living an exemplary American Life:

- Middle class roots
    - Mom of 5
    - Son serving in the military
    - Down syndrome baby
    - Successfully combated corruption in her own party
    - Led ethics reform
    - Not a Washington DC Insider
    - Pro drilling
    - Pro environment
    - Pro job creation
    - Husband is a Union Member
    - She's smart, thinks on her feet, and gorgeous
    - She's got Common Sense

I think the latter is the one to which Middle America will respond the most. She makes sense and does not condescend to the public.
    One's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by boedicca View Post
    I'm thrilled with Palin - and especially enjoying the tizzy into which the Lefties have been thrown. They can't attack her without exposing the thinness of Obama's experience - she has more executive experience than him. Plus, her entire package is one of living an exemplary American Life:

- Middle class roots
    - Mom of 5
    - Son serving in the military
    - Down syndrome baby
    - Successfully combated corruption in her own party
    - Led ethics reform
    - Not a Washington DC Insider
    - Pro drilling
    - Pro environment
    - Pro job creation
    - Husband is a Union Member
    - She's smart, thinks on her feet, and gorgeous
    - She's got Common Sense

I think the latter is the one to which Middle America will respond the most. She makes sense and does not condescend to the public.
    Indeed.

Now it's amusing (i.e., pathetic) watching all the people who proclaimed how great it was to have a woman (Hillary Clinton) as President, a historic moment, breaking the glass ceiling yada yada yada... now most of them are coming off as misogynists, attacking her looks, her record (which eclipses Obama’s thin record), running around like loons, ready to nail down and reinforce the proverbial glass ceiling.

Gender is only window dressing. Marxism is the true goal.
    "You know how it feels when you're leaning back on a chair, and you lean too far back, and you almost fall over backwards, but then you catch yourself at the last second? I feel like that all the time..." - Stephen Wright

What I'm particularly enjoying is watching the people who claim to be Fighting For Us attacking a woman who is leading an exemplary life of self-sufficiency, responsibility, and public service as being a nobody from a small town.

It's Fabulous.

All their candidate has ever done is Run For Office.
    One's Blog

Palin has strongly promoted oil and natural gas resource development in Alaska despite concerns from environmentalists. This is great because Alaska has more oil than entire Middle East! So much for our dependence on foreign oil. She's be great to have as out VP

Meh......I'm thinking McCain's gonna not run for a second term, for one reason or another.....

She'll be prepared to run against Hillary in 2012.

Last poll results I saw show Obama up 8%, and I believe that is post the Palin pick. Might just be the end of convention bounce, but that is also about as high as he has been. IOW, I still think the race is Obama's to lose, not McCain's to win...though I also don't think that that 8% figure is going to hold, either.

Anyone else see this strange article back in May? By Nat Hentoff, of all people...a more lefty lib it would be hard to find...and here he is, endorsing Palin...

Washington Times - OPED: Sarah Palin as McCain's VP

usually the candidates see a 15-20% bounce after the convention so 8% is tiny, the fact that kerry had a bigger lead over bush at this time should be very worrisome for dems, mccain will probably pass obama after the RNC, palin will get a sizable number of hillary supporters who want a women up there, and she is young enough to run for president later

Quote Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
    usually the candidates see a 15-20% bounce after the convention so 8% is tiny, the fact that kerry had a bigger lead over bush at this time should be very worrisome for dems, mccain will probably pass obama after the RNC, palin will get a sizable number of hillary supporters who want a women up there, and she is young enough to run for president later
    I bet you just think Palin is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Last poll results I saw show Obama up 8%, and I believe that is post the Palin pick. Might just be the end of convention bounce, but that is also about as high as he has been. IOW, I still think the race is Obama's to lose, not McCain's to win...though I also don't think that that 8% figure is going to hold, either.

Anyone else see this strange article back in May? By Nat Hentoff, of all people...a more lefty lib it would be hard to find...and here he is, endorsing Palin...

That 8% is a three day running average - which is down to 3% today.

The Palin pick was timed Brilliantly.
    One's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by IvyRose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
    I bet you just think Palin is hot.

haha, yeah i do

I set up an account on the hillaryclintonforum website. There is an Epic Thread in which the Hillary Supporters are thrilled about Palin, and vowing to support McCain because of her.

I am loving it!
    One's Blog

Keep in mind....those polls that showed Obama maintaining an 8 or 9 point lead are three day averaged....the 'real' numbers will start coming out now, though to be honest, we'll have to wait until Gustav passes, and people start focusing on the election again.

Oops. Boe beat me too it. :/

I set up an account on the hillaryclintonforum website. There is an Epic Thread in which the Hillary Supporters are thrilled about Palin, and vowing to support McCain because of her.

I am loving it!

Alan Colmes put another nail in the coffin when he attacked her prenatal care for her child- claiming this caused the child to have Down's Syndrome.

WHAT. AN. ASS. HAT.

Shame Shame Colmes but thanks for bringing more votes to the conservative side

BTW- Colmes took down the blog after it was attacked but you can get the gist here You Stay Classy, Alan Colmes (Wizbang)

Gallup shows it at 6%, where are you getting the 3% from? (See here)

I don't see the Palin pick making all that much difference, personally...but I suppose if it can shift things a percent or two in a few states, that little difference might make all the difference. Biden certainly isn't eliciting anything but yawns from anybody I've seen that isn't an Obamadroid, at least so far. I'm presuming DE wasn't a state the Dems needed to worry about, here, either.

But I'm also not sure what this will do to the level of interest shown the Repub Convention. Not that I'm a huge convention follower but I can't remember a presidential candidate* announcing his pick before the convention like this. It is certainly going to deflate what little dramatic tension might otherwise have been generated from St. Paul.

(* - Obviously an incumbent is a different matter...the last time an incumbent dropped his Veep was FDR replacing ComSymp Henry Wallace with Harry Truman in '44. I think there were some stirrings to boot Quayle in '92, weren't there? But obviously even that wasn't all that serious. And the Eagleton/Shriver fiasco didn't matter much anyway, given that McGovern didn't have a prayer. Not that it helped, of course.)

I am loving it!

Alan Colmes put another nail in the coffin when he attacked her prenatal care for her child- claiming this caused the child to have Down's Syndrome.

WHAT. AN. ASS. HAT.

Shame Shame Colmes but thanks for bringing more votes to the conservative side

BTW- Colmes took down the blog after it was attacked but you can get the gist here You Stay Classy, Alan Colmes (Wizbang)
    Have you checked out any of the 'discussions' that are going on about Palin's pregnancy on DU, or KOS? Disgusting does not come close to describing them.

I don't see the Palin pick making all that much difference, personally...but I suppose if it can shift things a percent or two in a few states, that little difference might make all the difference. Biden certainly isn't eliciting anything but yawns from anybody I've seen that isn't an Obamadroid, at least so far. I'm presuming DE wasn't a state the Dems needed to worry about, here, either.

But I'm also not sure what this will do to the level of interest shown the Repub Convention. Not that I'm a huge convention follower but I can't remember a presidential candidate* announcing his pick before the convention like this. It is certainly going to deflate what little dramatic tension might otherwise have been generated from St. Paul.

(* - Obviously an incumbent is a different matter...the last time an incumbent dropped his Veep was FDR replacing ComSymp Henry Wallace with Harry Truman in '44. I think there were some stirrings to boot Quayle in '92, weren't there? But obviously even that wasn't all that serious. And the Eagleton/Shriver fiasco didn't matter much anyway, given that McGovern didn't have a prayer. Not that it helped, of course.)

Just keep telling yourself that. She is going to cause a tectonic shift in this election - especially among women. The desperate misogynistic attacks on her are outing the Lefties as being Terrified.
    One's Blog

BTW,

CNN now shows Nobama with a 1% lead; Rasmussen shows a 3% lead.

Nobama's convention bounce has dissipated. Now, it will be very interesting to see how the Very Proactive and Responsible handling of Hurricane Gustav on the part of Republican Governor Bobby Jindal affects the polls.

The GOP has behaved like a group responsible adults, putting country first. It does cause one to ponder if Nobama would have cancelled the Barackopolis under similar circumstances.
    One's Blog

McCain's VP choice was important IMHO due to his health issues. His VP could quite likely step up to the main post during their first term.

BTW- If a VP steps up to Prez- can they still run for Prez for 2 terms?

I think they can because they weren't elected for the first go round, at least not directly. Have to look that one up.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

That's what I thought too.

I'm not wishing any harm to McCain but it really makes a person pause to consider the person with the most Executive experience in this race could be looking at more than 8 years at the top.

Thread Information