Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What Women Look For In a Mate

It's obvious women and their "Roles" in a partnership/marriage have changed. Women are more independent and are specific what they look for in a mate. Due to men saying they do not understand women, would the women please post here to respond and help men understand the 'gentler' sex. Men can post here if they have any questions.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: What Women Look For In a Mate

I think women look for a man that will really listen to what she has to say.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

im a great listener but i lose out time after time to jerks who tell them waht to do-most women (like most men) are worthless losers...if youre a good guy take the time to look for an exceptional girl and forget about the teeming hordes of floozies out there

Quote Originally Posted by ferdley kaddish View Post
    im a great listener but i lose out time after time to jerks who tell them waht to do-most women (like most men) are worthless losers...if youre a good guy take the time to look for an exceptional girl and forget about the teeming hordes of floozies out there
    You must have had some bad times with the opposite sex. I don't believe most men or most women are losers. I think they make up the minority. I hope you feel comfortable enough with us soon and will tell us about yourself.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

i guess i dont have a lot of faith in people in general. irl i m makig soem efforts to give people the benefit of a doubt but its scary

I look for someone who is respectful, considerate, kind hearted, genuine, passionate but most importantly there has to be some sort of connection on a deeper level than there is with everyone else.
    " To thy own self be true..."

Quote Originally Posted by ferdley kaddish View Post
    i guess i dont have a lot of faith in people in general. irl i m makig soem efforts to give people the benefit of a doubt but its scary
    What's scary about it, ferdley?

I agree with you BB about the deeper connection. I get on well with people but often they don't really understand me and when someone does, I can usually tell straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgieBridge View Post
    I look for someone who is respectful, considerate, kind hearted, genuine, passionate but most importantly there has to be some sort of connection on a deeper level than there is with everyone else.
    That's JUST beautiful; and sums everything up nicely!

Thought I would bump this one up as well.

The most important thing I find in a mate is for him to live his life in a respectful way. He must be an honest and respectful individual. He must be supportive and he must be my best friend. I cannot be in a male/female relationship without the man being my best friend. I think there is too much practice of individualism in relationships these days instead of a man and a woman coming together to form one very special team.

I am going to bump this one up just because. Valentine's Day just go over, Spring is in the air, what ever reason!! Ha Ha.

I look for someone who I can talk openly to. Someone who will listen to what I have to say as well. I like humor and kindness. I look for someone who will enjoy doing the things I enjoy just because it is with me and I would do the same with them. I nice face and a cute butt help!!!
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

There are but few quarterbacks who are qualified engineers (a certain common back ground will definitely help, especially as professionals often have a quirky sense of humor).
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Ya I don't know of too many football players who are engineers too!! Ha Ha.

I do know Georgia Tech has a football team. They tend to be quite lousy, unless they allow illiterates to play for them (which happened a decade ago) ...
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I went to a college that was primarily an engineering college and we had a football team. Of course we were not broadcast anywhere and no one bragged that they were on the team. If they did the response was, "good, now what is your GPA?" They were there for an education not a fast lane to the Denver Broncos or anything. Although some did have good butts!!!

I look for someone who is intelligent and strong without being overly arrogant. I want someone who loves me for me and doesn't find things to change while I would do the same with him. A true soul mate, one that shows he loves me by spontaneous gifts and surprises once in a while when it is not even a holiday. I love a man that smiles readily and has a good sense of humor, but won't let others walk all over him.

I also agree that a nice firm rear end is another plus.

Quote Originally Posted by stillafloat View Post

I also agree that a nice firm rear end is another plus.
    Me, too!

I like gentleness, that's very important to me.

At some point I'll have to find out.

I'm so much cooler online...

There is no kill switch for awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by waydownhere View Post
    Perhaps if you are interested in dating girls ...

I like the gifts and surprises on impulse. That is a nice romantic touch.

So, Vautrin and WDH, you getting some good pointers?

Yes, too bad I don't feel like doing much at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    That's okay, too; a person needs time for oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post

Understandable

Pointers...maybe. I'll just read and keep my mouth closed. Maybe there is something in here that is useful.

Then again some always want the impossible. opps...did I just type that out loud?
    I'm so much cooler online...

There is no kill switch for awesome.

Thread Information