George Bush After the Presidency

What do you think George Bush will do with his life after his term of Office is over? I think he's taken so much abuse during his Presidency.

If you had to do it over again, would you have voted for him?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: George Bush After the Presidency

I never voted for him in the first place so I can't comment. I really don't think anyone who voted for him would again given hindsight.

I think the abuse he's taken is well deserved as well. I really don't follow US Politics but when you have a gun toting lunatic in the White House inches away from the panic button, then I start to worry.

Say what you want about Clinton at least he didn't make me worry whether or not the world would still be here when my daughter grows up.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

I would vote for him again. At least George acted on things. Clinton would have sat back and let the bad guys take over and make decisions for him. He didn't have the guts to help protect our country. Bush may have made mistakes but that is why there are checks and balances in the government.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Even if his actions were completely the wrong ones? I don't see how Clinton didn't protect the US, the mistakes were made on Bush's watch.

I hope him and Chaney get arrested by the international criminal court. He's not better than Milosvic or Saddam.

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    What do you think George Bush will do with his life after his term of Office is over? I think he's taken so much abuse during his Presidency.
    Ex-Presidents often go on speakers' series, but public speaking certainly is NOT on of Bush's best features. I have no idea what he will do.

If you had to do it over again, would you have voted for him?
    I never voted for him in a primary and have had major issues with his presidency. But the Democrats offered nothing better (Gore & Kerry, barf) and there is no way Democrats will ever earn my vote with their big government totalitarianism.

And I'm voting third party this November. We are screwed if McCain wins and royally screwed if Obama wins. We will all lose.
    "You know how it feels when you're leaning back on a chair, and you lean too far back, and you almost fall over backwards, but then you catch yourself at the last second? I feel like that all the time..." - Stephen Wright

I would, i still dont see where bush's "failings" were. under clinton we had 5 terrorist attacks, under bush we had 1, the iraq war took the fight out of the US.

The economy isnt really his fault the subprime mess goes back to clinton's policies of forxing banks to accept welfare checks as income when determining credit worthiness.

All you need is love. love is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    [b[I never voted for him in the first place so I can't comment.[/b] I really don't think anyone who voted for him would again given hindsight.

I think the abuse he's taken is well deserved as well. I really don't follow US Politics but when you have a gun toting lunatic in the White House inches away from the panic button, then I start to worry.

Say what you want about Clinton at least he didn't make me worry whether or not the world would still be here when my daughter grows up.
    But you commented anyway, lol

I voted for him twice and would again in a heartbeat.

The abuse he's gotten started before the first day he took office so to say he deserved it is just plain BS. Every move he made in 8 years was likewise criticized by the left wing hate mongers.

Gun toting lunatic? That's a prime example of what I'm talking about. That's just a smear for the sake of smearing. He has done nothing to deserve it. Owning a gun in this country is a right. Even Bill Clinton owns one as do I. Am I a lunatic too Duke.

Check your hate at the door Duke it does not become you.

"
    In the October 2002 National Intelligence Estimate, all 16 U.S. intelligence departments concluded — with the highest possible level of certainty — that Saddam still possessed stockpiles of chemical and biological WMD. British intel reached the same conclusion. According to former CENTCOM commander Gen. Tommy Franks, officials in Egypt and Jordan told him that they believed the dictator still possessed WMD.
    Bush retained the same CIA director, George Tenet, who served under Clinton. Tenet described the case for assuming the dictator possessed WMD a "slam-dunk." After the invasion of Iraq, Clinton publicly said he thought Saddam still had the weapons."

The biggest "failure" bush had would have had the same outcome if the democrats were in office, it was better to invade iraq and be wrong then to not invade and be right and have a huge terror attack in the US.

Bush had an average presidency, he just wasnt as lucky as clinton, clinton got lucky with internet boom and that none of the terrorist attacks under him were huge, if the WTC bombing had taken them down at 60,000 died we would look at his presidency a lot differently.

Exclamation Re: George Bush After the Presidency

Al Gore criticizes Bush (Sr.) for ignoring Iraq's ties to terrorism

YouTube - Gore criticizes Bush for ignoring Iraq's ties to terrorism

Al Gore blasts George H.W. Bush for disregarding Iraq's ties to terrorism and ignoring Iraq's attempts to acquire weapons of mass destruction. (C-SPAN video from 1992)

Wednesday, 28 June, 2000, 00:32 GMT 01:32 UK
    Gore: Saddam must go
    By Jeff Phillips in Washington

US Vice-President Al Gore has told Iraqi opposition politicians that the United States remains committed to the overthrow of President Saddam Hussein.

Meeting a delegation from the Iraqi National Congress (INC), he also reiterated the administration's view that the Iraqi leader should be tried for war crimes and crimes against humanity.

The Clinton administration is trying to beef up the INC after nearly 10 years of sanctions on Iraq have brought the world no closer to bringing down the Iraqi leader.

It has allocated $8m this year to the INC to help to re-build the organisation.

Al Gore makes a convincing case for going after Saddam Hussein. Let's roll.

Thread Information