Thread: Super Bowl

Super Bowl

Isis wanted to post this....but she started answering a few posts and ran out of time before having to do homework.

Here is the big news she 'forgot' to post! GEEZ...how could you forget this?

She is going to get to go to the Super Bowl (here in Jacksonville this year) and be a part of the girls on the Paul McCartney half time show. Then they get to meet him backstage....plus meet the football players.

I was excited....but she seem to think he's 'old' and isn't familiar with his music. I wish he would be around for the practices I have to drive into the city for!

Hey...this time....anyone watching the game will see it!! Maybe she can get us a couple of up close pics. If anyone collects football stuff.... let me know and she can pick up something for you.

For the guys reading this....NO...she is not excited about getting to go to the game. She could care less. What's those tickets....$100 if you could even purchase one? GO FIGURE.....huh???[/i]

good for isis! she'll probably end up having a lot of fun and will appreciate the oportunity of going.

I have to say that i'm not a sports fan at all, any sport and never was so i don't think i'd be too excited about going either. LOL!
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

That's awesome, I hope she has a blast. I think that's one show that I can tape and advertise here. Maybe I'll even circle her so everyone knows who Isis is. Just tell her to make sure not to pick her nose while the camera is rolling
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

I never watch the superbowl but I will now! PAul Mcartney wow I bet he's still cute for an old guy... Hey I'll pay for an autograph to my dad :!:

Thats great...too bad the jags are not gonna be in it...hopefully steelers falcons.

Well...I'm AT LEAST stuck watching the half time show.

Duke, their job is to be 'young screaming fans' like they used to have at the Beatle concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneheather
    I never watch the superbowl but I will now! PAul Mcartney wow I bet he's still cute for an old guy... Hey I'll pay for an autograph to my dad :!:
    If she gets one....I'm sure she would just give it to you. Paul M means nothing to her. Now, if it was some opera singer....she would be all giddy!

Have fun, Isis. Get an autograph, then you can auction it for a small fortune on ebay and buy tickets for the opera!

Getting an autograph is a great idea. I hope she has a great time!
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

I just hope they plan on bussing the kids in....cause I sure have no intention of driving downtown in all that mess.

I've gotten calls twice, plus the signs all over town, offering $1000 a night for the use of people's homes since there are no hotel rooms left....and this is a big city!

I wouldn't do it because I figure a bunch of people would just get drunk and trash your house. There is probably no way to screen it and then it would be too late afterwards. The money sure would be nice though.

You may want to look into the travel arrangements soon then because it may be your responsibility to actually get her there. Hopefully not though.
    My Daughter Rules!

I'd be tempted to take the cash, Merika. You could select who got it, choose a family, get references, take out insurance. I suppose it depends on how upset you'd be if they did mess things up.

Duke...I live where the Superbowl is taking place this year. I just didn't want to deal with the traffic around the stadium.

Meanon....I imagine the $1000 a night is for a house in the suburbs....not the trailor park near the base that I live in. I would worry more about them stealing stuff than breaking anything. I have a lot of things that I can't replace.

I don't know....perhaps I should call the place to find out the specifics.

Thread Information