Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downfall Foods

Downfall Foods

Ok Luba, here we go.

What is your downfall food?

Mine at the moment is pie, i love pie. Luba likes sandwiches and chips, and i must say myself i have a great liking of sandwiches as well, but not so much the chips. John likes pie just like me.

So what's everybody got to say?
    " To thy own self be true..."

Re: Downfall Foods

I also like fried chicken...........alot..............it's tasty.

HUMMMM Downfall foods. How much time do you have???? Here are my biggies:

• Chocolate
    • Candy
    • Cookies
    • Cake
    • Pie
    • Ice Cream
    • Chips and Salsa
    • Philly Cheese Steak
    • Hot Chicken Wings
    • Rootbeer Floats
    I could go on. I am surprised I don't weigh 300 lbs.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Rootbeer floats are quite tasty.

Loads of ice cream in the summer!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Pie. Bacon. Chocolate. kettle chips. kebabs.

Lately it's chocolate chip cookies accompanied by milk
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Mine right now are the Cadbury Robins Eggs. Candy coated milk chocolate!
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

I love those cherry blossom chocolates, good thing I can only find them around Christmas Time or you'd have to grease the door jams to get me outta the house.

...of course if I ever got that big I'd pr0lly just lick the grease from the door jams and remain stuck in my room.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

...of course if I ever got that big I'd pr0lly just lick the grease from the door jams and remain stuck in my room.

I don't like those cherry chocolates; I guess I'm the only one in the world, though!

How can you not like them? You like cherries and you like chocolate, it's not like theres spinach in there.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    How can you not like them? You like cherries and you like chocolate, it's not like theres spinach in there.
    Actually, I'd rather have spinach than those chocolates. (where's the 'vomit' emoticon?)

Bumping this up. My list hasn't changed a whole lot. The chocolate covered cherries Duke was mentioning are making my mouth water. I did good this year and didn't buy any. But normally I do. I love the gooy center wrapped around the cherry and covered in chocolate!

Krispy Kreme doughnuts. They are good. And they make me gain masses of weight.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Oh ya, I forgot about Krispy Kreme. God those are good, especially if you can get them fresh out of the fryer. So warm and fresh then.

They sure are ...
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    I don't like those cherry chocolates; I guess I'm the only one in the world, though!
    I'm right there with you, I can't eat them. The filling is just not for me.

My downfall foods are philly cheesesteak (with white cheese, not yellow) and boneless buffalo wings. I could probably eat my weight in either.

Towards the end of last year I wanted a doughnut, and not just any kind of doughnut. (Really weird as up until then it's been potato chips). The doughnut HAD to be chocolate covered with bavarian cream filling inside. Ahhhhh, but they are SO gooooooooooood!

Trying to work on an exercise program with more zeal this year I found I couldn't eat those as well. Now, I have celery and pretend it's the doughnut and am surprised how I can convince my strong mind that it's the doughnut. Of course, I WILL give myself a doughnut treat once in awhile, but meanwhile my celery or other vegetable/fruit trick will have to work.

Any kind of diet will fail if you don't treat yourself once in a while to the things you love. The best diet is one where you eat smaller portions and eat about 6 times a day. The foods should be on the healthy side but eating things you love shouldn't be excluded. Just don't pig out.

Most of the time our problems aren't what we eat but how much we eat. Anyway good luck to any and all who are working on modifying their eating habits.

Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    Any kind of diet will fail if you don't treat yourself once in a while to the things you love. The best diet is one where you eat smaller portions and eat about 6 times a day. The foods should be on the healthy side but eating things you love shouldn't be excluded. Just don't pig out.

Most of the time our problems aren't what we eat but how much we eat. Anyway good luck to any and all who are working on modifying their eating habits.
    Very true. Diets are tough to stick too.

I started a new diet this weekend...a seefood diet...I see food and eat it. Also started a liquid diet....mostly liquid with hops. I will apparantly work boat shows for beer.
    I'm so much cooler online...

There is no kill switch for awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by waydownhere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post

Very true. Diets are tough to stick too.

I started a new diet this weekend...a seefood diet...I see food and eat it. Also started a liquid diet....mostly liquid with hops. I will apparantly work boat shows for beer.
    Didn't realize you came so cheap!!! Of course, it depends on the kind of beer I guess since some can be a bit on the pricey side. And ya, I have that same kind of diet. Kind of why I look like I do!!!

$5.75 for a cup of Drop Top Ale. So sometimes I'm making $5.75 an hour....sometimes it's $11.50. Oh...also got a couple of nice dinner's out of it too.

I'll let you decide how cheap I am? They did get off easy on Saturday when I brought my own six pack.
    I'm so much cooler online...

There is no kill switch for awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by waydownhere View Post
    $5.75 for a cup of Drop Top Ale. So sometimes I'm making $5.75 an hour....sometimes it's $11.50. Oh...also got a couple of nice dinner's out of it too.

I'll let you decide how cheap I am? They did get off easy on Saturday when I brought my own six pack.
    Sounds like you had fun. Guess we will see how cheap you come next time I am in Oregon!! I will see how that SeeFood Diet is working for ya.

I rarely eat sweets or desserts but I will almost make myself sick on chocolate covered gummy bears!

I don't think I have ever even seen those kind of gummy bears. Anything chocolate is my downfall.

Thread Information