Inauguration of Barack Obama

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Inauguration of Barack Obama

Watched most of it. It is surprising how much attention this gets in South Africa, including the whole racial classification thing. Many people are still mentally stuck in apartheid .
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Its not even been a generation since it ended though and South Africa was extremely racist. The father of a guy from SA I know comes out with some terrible examples of racism but its culturally ingrained in him. He doesn't even understand why its not tolerated here.

I watched the Inaugeration though, his oratory skills make Bush look like a child. I hope the US hasn't put him on too high a pedistal as it will take years to repair the damage Bush has done to the US' image abroad.

Not all of us think Obama is the answer. And our image was tarnished long before Bush came around. He is just easiest to pick on. They are all a bunch of crooks anyway. I just wish once, someone without a bad history or who didn't have a hidden agenda would take office.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

I watched the Inauguration and cried like the people that the cameras zoomed in on! I had the television on all day right from the beginning, and between rushed chores so I didn't miss much! Watched him and the First Lady dance at the Neighborhood Ball while Beyonce sang, and cried there, too. It was all So deeply moving! Barack Obama and his family are in my prayers. He has a hard road ahead of him, and the whole world is watching.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Thread Information