Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Inspirational Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    Love this one I read this morning:

"Every day give your brain a shampoo" - Dr. Sara Jordon

Here's a few more:

"I think the next best thing to solving a problem is finding some humor in it" - Frank A. Clark

"Living in a vacuum sucks" - Adrienne Gusoff

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter" - E.E.Cummings
    Those are good quotes Lu but they need to be much longer I'm afraid as we have a lot of real estate to cover over our banners.

I think we should start focusing on inspirational phrases with at least 15 or 20 words in them, the longer the better.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

I remember you mentioning that before, Duke, but I thought they were good quotes anyway.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    whos getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

I love reading the Inspirational quotes every time I log on, I always get a good feeling. Thank you for having them there for us, Duke.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge.~Albert Einstein

--------------------

Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in this life has a purpose.
    ~Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

--------------------

Where there is great love there are always miracles.
    ~Willa Cather

--------------------

This is the beginning of a new day,
    I can waste it or use it for good.
    What I do today is important,
    I am exchanging a day of my life for it.

-------------------

"Hope" is the thing with feathers
    that perches in the soul,
    and sings the tune without the words,
    and never stops at all.
    ~Emily Dickinson

-------------------

The pleasantest things in the world
    are pleasant thoughts:
    and the great art of life is to have
    as many of them as possible.
    ~Montaigne

and never stops at all.
    ~Emily Dickinson
    I'm stealing this for my signature line. Thanks Luba!

I've been keeping a list of my favorite quotes about family. Thought I would share:

"Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children." - William Makepeace Thackeray

"Any fool can be a Father, but it takes a real man to be a Daddy!" - Philip Whitmore Snr

"Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children." - Sam Levenson

You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back. - William D. Tammeus

Families are about love overcoming emotional torture. - Matt Groening

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them." - Desmond Tutu

"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong. - Charles Wadsworth

I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection. - Sigmund Freud

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss

"It is a wise father that knows his own child." - William Shakespeare

"Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space." - Evan Esar

Whatever they grow up to be, they are still our children, and the one most important of all the things we can give to them is unconditional love. Not a love that depends on anything at all except that they are our children. - Rosaleen Dickson

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. - Theodore Hesburgh

"The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together." - Erma Bombeck

"All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his." - Oscar Wilde

Thanks for the quotes here folks; I should have some time this weekend where I can add a few more to the header rotation.
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Quote Originally Posted by LovingSpirit View Post
    and never stops at all.
    ~Emily Dickinson
    I'm stealing this for my signature line. Thanks Luba!
    You're welcome, LovingSpirit! I changed my signature, too!

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter" - E.E.Cummings
    I want you for my neighbor Luba. How much are homes selling for up that way?

Under $100 bux CDN, they throw in the junked car parts for free and scatter them across the lawn for you
    My Daughter Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post

and never stops at all.
    ~Emily Dickinson

-------------------

The pleasantest things in the world
    are pleasant thoughts:
    and the great art of life is to have
    as many of them as possible.
    ~Montaigne
    Finally added

Sorry for the long delay but it took me forever to learn of why Googles Browser (Chrome) could not properly render a '.
    My Daughter Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Ecliptic View Post
    You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back. - William D. Tammeus

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong. - Charles Wadsworth

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss

"Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space." - Evan Esar

Whatever they grow up to be, they are still our children, and the one most important of all the things we can give to them is unconditional love. Not a love that depends on anything at all except that they are our children. - Rosaleen Dickson
    Added, thanks Ecliptic
    My Daughter Rules!

Ah, I'm in my element with this

My play was a complete success. It was the audience that was a failure.

Keep some souvenirs of your past, or how will you ever prove it wasn't all a dream?

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target

If I had more skill in what I'm attempting, I wouldn't need so much courage

All by Ashleigh Brilliant. there are lots more by him, but are under 15 words and I don't want this post to be too long. I have many more, but I'll have to go looking for where I wrote them down. Hope you find heaps, because I love reading them

Those were Great, xKaddyx! Would love to read more!

"If you are in line with the Word of God, you are in line with the Will of God." - Kenneth Copeland
    "If anyone is in Christ,he is a new creation:
    old things have passed away; behold, all things
    have become new." - 2 Corinthians 5:17

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Real love is simply accepting another person, completely and unconditionally.
    ~Ken Keyes Jr.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
    ~Mother Teresa
    Last edited by Luba; 07-26-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Always remember to be happy because you never know who's falling in love with your smile.
    ~ Author Unknown

If you would like to spoil the day for a grouch, give him a smile.
    ~Author Unknown

Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available.
    ~Jim Beggs

You're never fully dressed without a smile.
    ~ Martin Charnin

I live by this credo: Have a little laugh at life and look around you for happiness instead of sadness. Laughter has always brought me out of unhappy situations. Even in your darkest moment, you usually can find something to laugh about if you try hard enough.
    ~ Red Skelton (sure was a Great man!)

It takes a lot of work from the face to let out a smile, but just think what good smiling can bring to the most important muscle of the body... the heart.
    ~ Author Unknown

Laughter is an instant vacation.
    ~ Milton Berle

Seven days without laughter makes one weak.
    ~ Mort Walker

they need to be much longer I'm afraid as we have a lot of real estate to cover over our banners.

Duke, I know some of these are too short, but I like them anyway.

"Never measure the height of a mountain, until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was." ~Dag Hammarskjold

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard, The Note Book, 1927

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Les Brown

"A dream doesn't have to be big, it has to be yours." ~John C. Maxwell

"To escape criticism - do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." ~Elbert Hubbard

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." ~Lao-tzu

I just discovered this forum and I like here very much~ I love inspirational quotes, here are some of the favorite inspirational quotes that I like, I hope you like it

Not intended for anything other than entertainment purposes only....these are some of my favorites...I know...go figure.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on the muddy banks of rivers doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home. ~Author Unknown

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers. ~Herbert Hoover

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. ~Author Unknown

Gone fishin', be back at dark-thirty! ~Author Unknown

I'm so much cooler online...

There is no kill switch for awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by waydownhere View Post
    Not intended for anything other than entertainment purposes only....these are some of my favorites...I know...go figure.

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. ~Author Unknown

These are my favorites here!
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Quote Originally Posted by waydownhere View Post

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on the muddy banks of rivers doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home. ~Author Unknown

Great quotes, wdh! The ones I quoted crack me up!

I was reading some this morning and just loved this one:

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.
    - Doug Larson

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying...I will try again tomorrow". - Mary Ann Radmacher

Thread Information