Obama Promises a Brighter Future

CANOE -- CNEWS - World: Obama promises a brighter future

WASHINGTON- Standing before the nation on a "day of reckoning," President Barack Obama summoned politicians and public alike Tuesday night to forge a path out of the worst economic disaster in a quarter-century by embracing shared sacrifice and costly new endeavours to improve health care, schools and the environment.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Obama Promises a Brighter Future

He lost points with me when he went on vacation and let Pelosi push that crappy bail-out through congress so she could catch her plane to Italy. One promise he failed to carry out - let the people review major bills like that BEFORE congress votes. Congress didn't even have time to look at it.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

...from a Canadian POV at least it looks as if he's trying to do something unlike the former psychopath.

I am curious though, when a President acts, how much of the action is Presidential and how much is controlled by Advisor's, anyone know?
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    He lost points with me when he went on vacation and let Pelosi push that crappy bail-out through congress so she could catch her plane to Italy. One promise he failed to carry out - let the people review major bills like that BEFORE congress votes. Congress didn't even have time to look at it.
    So far I haven't seen any of his campaign promises actually get carried out except spending trillions of dollars that we don't have.
    I had hope but it is now gone. He is just like all the rest, just a plain old liar who will say anything to get elected.

The most important bill in our nations history which has increased our deficit by 1/3 has been passed and he refused to lead it. He turned over a blank check to the wolves in the hen house. He pressured the congress to pass it without even knowing what they have done.

That's not leadership. This country will profoundly regret electing this guy. He is after all a product of the most corrupt political machine in the country and he has done nothing but reinforce that fact since he's been in office.

For 18 years now I have taken the stance that our politicians get into office and do whatever they want. Sometimes a happy accident occurs and it turns out to be good for the people (throwing us a bone?)

So far none of them have let me down yet, it's very simple you see: just keep your expectations low.

Its a hard one with the bail outs. In the UK we've ended up giving short of trillion to bail out the banks but like the US, the banks are probably the single greatest accumaltor of wealth. I'm not happy with it, I'd quite happily watch all those bankers and corrupt idiots burn but the banking industry is so important that no government can turn its back on them if they want to remain at the top of the worlds rich list.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post

That's not leadership. This country will profoundly regret electing this guy. He is after all a product of the most corrupt political machine in the country and he has done nothing but reinforce that fact since he's been in office.
    He's a republican?!

From an outsiders point of view he's already announced the closure of Guantanamo and the plans to pull 100,000 US troops out of Iraq which seems to be 2 promises which are being put into action.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Its a hard one with the bail outs. In the UK we've ended up giving short of trillion to bail out the banks but like the US, the banks are probably the single greatest accumaltor of wealth. I'm not happy with it, I'd quite happily watch all those bankers and corrupt idiots burn but the banking industry is so important that no government can turn its back on them if they want to remain at the top of the worlds rich list.

He's a republican?!

From an outsiders point of view he's already announced the closure of Guantanamo and the plans to pull 100,000 US troops out of Iraq which seems to be 2 promises which are being put into action.
    Gitmo hasn't been closed yet and he is leaving 50,000 troops in Iraq. To say he's kept his promise is premature in the one case an incorrect in the other.

He's a republican?!

Gitmo hasn't been closed yet and he is leaving 50,000 troops in Iraq. To say he's kept his promise is premature in the one case an incorrect in the other.
    those arent things that can be done instantly but take a lot of time and money.

but things are changing and thus i agree with what mondo said, promises are being put into action....it just doesnt mean we're going to see the end result yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PepsiChic View Post

He's a republican?!

those arent things that can be done instantly but take a lot of time and money.

but things are changing and thus i agree with what mondo said, promises are being put into action....it just doesnt mean we're going to see the end result yet.
    So now here we are in July and troops are still in Iraq, He has built up our presence in Afghanistan big time, with no end in sight I might add. He has now admitted he will probably have to keep Gitmo open longer then expected with no new projected closing date in sight.He now maintains we will probably hold some detainees indefinitely without trial. He is ignoring the totalitarian dictatorship in Iran while trying to support the totalitarian take over of Honduras.He is ignoring threats to our country and the world by North Korea. So far he has shown himself to be a coward on the world stage and has our allies unsure of where America stands. He has taken over the banking industry, The morgage industry, the insurance industry, the major car companies and is now dictating executive salaries. He is in process of taking over control of energy sources in this country and is seeking to take over control of our health care system. He has siezed control of the census which will allow him to transform Washington into a one party town permanently.

He has set up a system of Czars that is circumventing the constitution by rendering the elected legislature impotent.

How's his economic stimulus plan working out for you personally. Have you seen any improvement at all, NO. Things are getting worse. Unemployment is still rising. The banks are not lending the money that WE gave them to lend. Small businesses are failing because they can not get capital to stay afloat. He has done and is proposing nothing to help business or industy. All of his proposals to date have built his government only. Nothing is being done for the people.He has broken his promise about raising taxes and his cap and trade proposal will increase the energy costs of all Americans by 90%. Even he admits that.

He is a Chicago thug that has used and will use groups like Acorn to rig elections.

He has even refused to prove that he is eligible to be president as required by the constitution by producing his birth certificate.

Wake up people. Obama is setting himself up as a dictator. Is that what you wanted for this country?

There is a revolution brewing in this country and I by God hope you're prepared for it. It will not be pretty. Mark my words for future reference. That is if Duke even lets this post stand as evidence of them.

I think everyone should watch this!!! I hope Obama really did invite him to the white house.

--------------------------------------
    This guy's video on You Tube has been so popular that Obama called him personally. (NOT VERIFIED)

He said that he was very disturbed with the video and invited him to the White House.

Obama also said he wanted the White House to handle the Press and not to talk about the video or the White House visit.

Watch it now. This may be the best six minutes invested in your future.

YouTube - We The People Stimulus Package
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    I think everyone should watch this!!! I hope Obama really did invite him to the white house.

--------------------------------------
    This guy's video on You Tube has been so popular that Obama called him personally. (NOT VERIFIED)

He said that he was very disturbed with the video and invited him to the White House.

Obama also said he wanted the White House to handle the Press and not to talk about the video or the White House visit.

Watch it now. This may be the best six minutes invested in your future.

YouTube - We The People Stimulus Package
    I've seen it. Thanks for posting it. He's done a whole series of these videos. Unfortunately most of the left in this country dismiss this truth as right wing radicalism. I also doubt seriously if Obama invited him to the white house. He's too arrogant to give any time to those who don't subscribe to his agenda.

When the violence erupts in this country the government will claim ignorance and try to silence the people. We will see then that we are no more free today then the people of Iran. Both parties in Washington have sold us out and unless we can get their attention peacefully there will be bloodshed. This I promise you.

By the way, what you saw and heard in this video is NOT radicalism. It is true and accurate representation of how this government should work and how it was designed to work.

I realize it isn't radicalism. I know that this is how the constitution was meant to be understood. I also realize Obama most likely didn't invite this guy to the White House. That would be too much to hope for. Thanks for your insights John. Talk to you later.

You're welcome to your Political Opinion John and I have no intention of editing it. The only time I ever step in is when it turns to name calling or worse as this is Political Discussion only, not Political Debate.

This BS however:
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Mark my words for future reference. That is if Duke even lets this post stand as evidence of them.
    ...has got to stop. This isn't the first time you've called me out in the forums as some heavy handed mod but it better be the last. I don't believe I or any of the staff over moderate anywhere so your statement is just ridiculous.

If you have a problem with me or the way the site is run then please take it to PM's. You can PM me anytime and make any suggestion but calling me out in the forums is just plain rude and I'm getting sick of it.
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    You're welcome to your Political Opinion John and I have no intention of editing it. The only time I ever step in is when it turns to name calling or worse as this is Political Discussion only, not Political Debate.

This BS however:
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Mark my words for future reference. That is if Duke even lets this post stand as evidence of them.
    ...has got to stop. This isn't the first time you've called me out in the forums as some heavy handed mod but it better be the last. I don't believe I or any of the staff over moderate anywhere so your statement is just ridiculous.

If you have a problem with me or the way the site is run then please take it to PM's. You can PM me anytime and make any suggestion but calling me out in the forums is just plain rude and I'm getting sick of it.
    It will be the last I assure you.

obama is finding ways to tax the poor, cigarettes and alcohol already and cap and trade will raise gas prices and home electricity significantly, $5-10 per gallon of gas is very possible, he promised change and thats all we will be left with once he takes our money and lets it get spent on pet projects.For all the complaints about Bush he never did anything to significantly alter the cost of living for americans.

Ya, he was definitely a mistake. One we will all regret for a long time.

That's really too bad because he certainly made it sound as if he was salvation, not slumlord.
    My Daughter Rules!

He is a politician and a slick one at that.

He is a chicago politician and even though he distanced himself from blagojevich, its still the same political machine, obama just gets away with more because of his charisma, but that will only take him so far, at some point people will turn on him.

But by then it will be too late.

Thread Information