Thread: Taxes

Taxes

Finished our taxes for the year. Still owe the Government but not as much as in the past. Glad they are done for another year though. I am e-filing this year. Hope everyone else is surviving tax time!
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Re: Taxes

I'm not happy at all about my taxes. Accounting screwed up when I moved across the country and now I owe almost $800. Not happy at all, especially with my mexico trip coming up very soon...

Sorry to hear that Weiser. That is about how much we owe too. It really sucks. And with the way Obama is spending money it will be higher in the future I am sure. He is going to have to raise taxes to pay for all this bailing out he is doing.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

If I didn't have any RRSPs it would have been closer to $1500...

I just wish there was something I could do...a seperate company does our payroll & taxes and they are supposed to make sure that we don't owe anything at tax time. They really dropped the ball on that one.

I'm going to ask them to start taking extra off my pays to avoid this in the future.

Hopefully your taxes don't go up in the future, but with all the spending going on, you're right to think that it might go up.

Just another one of his promises down the drain. I already have almost $200 extra a paycheck taken out so we don't owe more. It really sucks.

Getting a $800.00 refund from the feds and $150.00 from the state. I also did an e-filing and have been for a few years now.

Glad to hear someone is getting some money back. Hold onto it as long as you can. Sounds like we will need all we can keep in the next few years.

yeah im getting $2200 from feds and $160 from state, sometimes the fact that my mom is a manager at H&R block helps

How the hell are you getting $2200 back? Were you a part time student or something?

nope, just had a lot withheld and some student loan deductions

Thread Information