Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Weight Issues and Support - Part Two

An hour and some more untimed exercise, and six glasses of water for Day 2.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    whos getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

My idea of filling up a glass with water as soon as I get up in the morning and refilling it is one of the BEST ideas I have ever had.

Day 4 and things are looking good!

Only 4 glasses of water yesterday as the water pipes broke and water was turned off in the whole neighbourhood.

Back to the regular exercise routine yesterday!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Establishing a water drinking routine; so far, so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    Establishing a water drinking routine; so far, so good!
    This is the longest I've ever gone to keep up with my water drinking and I'm quite proud of that! I make sure there is a glass of water sitting there until late afternoon. I average out about four glasses a day, six is too much for now. I want to keep to the four for sure.

I do feel more alert and my appetite is suppressed somewhat which is a good thing, as it is reported that is what drinking water is supposed to do. I also worked on an old issue and got an AHA moment out of that as afternoons were the most difficult to get through without nibbling. I worked on why the afternoons were so difficult for me, needed to be comforted by food, and as I posted, got my AHA moment. Wonder if there is more underneath to be excavated? I'll just go with the flow.

I'm joining this conversation a bit late, but I though I'd share my weight loss success. I did quite a bit of research about weight loss, diets, and exercise. I started a routine, took off 30lbs and have successfully kept it off for over two years now. I'll give some tips that really worked for me.

My first tip has already been discussed... drink lots of water. At least 6 glasses a day. Your bladder will get used to it, but you will be running to the bathroom a lot during the early stages. For the most part, I do not drink any calories. I drink black unsweetened coffee, water, and ice tea (unsweetened or just a touch of honey). Occasionally beer or wine, but I didn't touch the stuff for the first few months of my diet.

Second, is to spread your calorie intake over 5 meals instead of three. That is, eat 5 small meals instead of three large ones. It's amazing how this works. Think of your metabolism as a fire. When you get up in the morning and have breakfast, you light the fire. If you wait till lunch, then throw a big log on the fire, it won't burn very well. If instead you throw a few small boards on at mid morning, there will be lots of hot coals left when you toss a smaller log on at lunch time. I also try to stay away from anything that will raise my blood sugar level, especially processed sugars.

Third, is to do your cardio exercise for at least a half hour in the morning before you eat anything. This is one of the only times of the day when your body has no choice but to consume body fat for energy. The calories you burn will be almost all body fat and you'll get that metabolism fire burning very hot.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

I gotta get my rump back into gear and start working out again. I was doing very well and just let it go as usual.

I don't mind working out at home so much but I really wish I had more space to do it in.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I gotta get my rump back into gear and start working out again. I was doing very well and just let it go as usual.
    Unfortunately you must have picked that up from me; not a good thing for me to pass on. I used to get all revved up, get to doing where I started to be proud of myself, then, for some inexplicable reason, would quit for months. I think it's the age old desire that if the weight doesn't come off in a timely manner, we quit. When I belonged to a gym I was surprised when one of the trainers said that a LOT of people who join in January quit in mid-February. I don't think I believed her at the time, but it was true.

Now I make sure that, if for some reason, I don't exercise for a day or two, longest a week; I pick right up again. I refuse to let go this time! Even with my back being out for a week, I just picked up again.

I'm very proud of my consistent water drinking, even though I've only had two glasses on a day when I wasn't home for quite a bit of the time. I honestly feel better, it's becoming where I'm enjoying it and realize when I get thirsty, reach for water instead of other liquids.

The water drinking continues to the point that desire for Pepsi diminished. I am actually enjoying drinking water and most always have a glass standing by to sip on.

I've pretty much given up on pop entirely. Today my daughter and I went to McDonalds for the first time in a long time and I didn't even finish the pop I'd gotten with the meal.

I think this is the first time I can ever say that I never finished a fountain pop in my life.
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

I totally understand. I now find the pop too sweet, but I don't know if I will give it up entirely. Who knows? I'm an enigma unto myself.

My weight loss journey is so close to it's goal that I can see it in my mind's eye and am thrilled, proud and humbled at the same time!

This has been one of THE most beautiful journeys I have ever taken and have learned SO much about myself and each pound that I lost on the way.

My weight loss journey is so close to it's goal that I can see it in my mind's eye and am thrilled, proud and humbled at the same time!

This has been one of THE most beautiful journeys I have ever taken and have learned SO much about myself and each pound that I lost on the way.
    I'm so proud of you Luba! keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Rice View Post

I'm so proud of you Luba! keep it up!
    Thank you for your kind words, Glenn!

I've hit a snag with a few more pounds as my Dear, Dear nephew-in-law baked the BEST chocolate cake I have EVER tasted in my life. It's a Birthday surprise and SOOOOO goooooo! I will be getting back on track TODAY!

just wanted to ask , that should we exercise while we are studying or is it a waste of time and causes distraction about body concern thoughts

Some people study or perform work related tasks while their on an exercise bike and even a treadmill.

So long as it's something you can do without detracting from the concentration required in studying I see no harm in it.

Of course only you can tell if it's a distraction for you so if you find yourself losing focus while doing both then I'd say exercising while studying is not for you.
    My Daughter Rules!

Such wonderful four days setting aside time to watch the U.S. Open as well as quite a bit of steady, gentle exercise. Thoughts, too, as to what is going on within me to put on the extra two pounds following the other eight I gained after a good loss of weight last year. I honestly thought I had it beat last year with all my inner work, but found out that I had more inner work to do, going back ALL the way to the beginning and how my heritage thought, talked, and presented food.

I'm glad to say that it's been an awesome four days coming to new conclusions and losing a few pounds. Again, I hope I'm on the weight loss and gentle and more organized way I did last year.

Well done lovely Lady. Knowing yourself and working with it to make you a healthier person is always a great thing. Way to go Luba

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    Well done lovely Lady. Knowing yourself and working with it to make you a healthier person is always a great thing. Way to go Luba
    Thank you, Rosie! I've taken myself in hand again. It seems when I gain two pounds quickly it seems that's my line for starting back on the road. If the gain is less noticeable but does add up, then I kind of slide.

Thread Information