Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Weight Issues and Support - Part Two

I looked up the first thread and since it took off in different directions and didn't keep on track, I thought I would start a new one.

I'm going for a walk shortly but I never know if it's going to be for my weight issues (I'm twenty-five pounds overweight and fluctuate within two-three pounds down and back up) or for my Spirit. I guess it's going to depend on how lovely the birds are singing their hearts out,the sunshine and budding of trees, OR if I'm going to step-it-up and walk for the weight itself. It always seems to depend on how lovely it is out there! Even if it's raining, I don't walk quickly because everything smells even greater then and I don't want to miss that, either.

I'll let you know what happens when I get back.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Weight Issues and Support - Part Two

I returned from an approximate 6km. walk a few moments ago and am feeling ab-so-lu-te-ly over the moon! Just finished a slice of toast and am having coffee while posting a little.

So, I did what I call now the 'in-between' walk. I walked quickly and even ran somewhat with the birds joining me in Song most of the way. I pretended I had my friend with whom I used to walk to work with, and because of her 'no-nonsense but fun walk' I lost ten pounds. When she left the job, I cried and put on ten pounds (not at one time). So a lot of the walk was because of her on my mind. (I went to her Cafe to tell her my exciting News which I will share with you all on a new thread that will be started next.)

On the way back, I had my imagination on my other friend I used to walk with on weekends who moved away. We walked at a slower pace because we had SO much to talk about; out minds on conversation and not how fast we were walking.

So I hope to keep my mind on small servings today as well!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

I"m glad you had a nice walk and I read an article the other day (try yahoo health) that said that coffee actually lessens pain from exercise. I always crave coffee after my walks too and I don't know if it has anything to do with that or just that I love coffee but I found the article interesting.

I can look for it if you want but I think if you just google coffee+exercise you can probably turn it up online yourself easily.

Quite awhile since anything happened on this thread but something magical is happening for me right now! I found a totally new time for exercising and it's become less of a 'chore'! I LOVE Sports and it seems I find some new Sport to get excited about like the Tour de France and Golf, along with NFL coming back next month!

SO...I'm not just sitting around watching all these Sports, I'm exercising along while watching for a good hour or more! It seems that the movement in Sports gives me incentive to move as well! Awe-SOME! It also frees me from the guilt of just watching them as I'm helping my mind, body, and spirit, too, as exercise is a Great and Natural uplift-er!

Endorphines are great aren't they?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Endorphines are great aren't they?!
    Ab-so-lu-te-ly!!!

It's been awhile since anything was posted here. I feel good about exercising having just done so. One hour at a time seems perfect for me.

It's always been hit and miss with me. I used to say that if I couldn't keep up the routine at least four-five days a week; sometimes it would be quite awhile before I got back to it. Now I've dropped that kind of thinking and it just seems more of an automatic thing, I just don't put myself through the ringer anymore if I don't feel like exercising for a day or two. With that kind of pressure released, I actually enjoy putting on my exercise shoes and getting to it.

I was wondering if you'd mind sharing your exercise routine with us?

Quote Originally Posted by LovingSpirit View Post
    I was wondering if you'd mind sharing your exercise routine with us?
    I have weights and a bunch of exercise videos that I incorporated a bunch of moves from. I also do crunches with the weights at least twice a week, the aerobic always, sometimes the movements are just jogging in place, other times it's making great big movements, other times it's just walking in place. No matter what I do, it's movement and makes me feel High naturally! I usually do this while watching some show that I had taped from the night before, so that I don't feel like I'm just wasting time by sitting around watching TV.

My best exercise is watching a Football game because the running and moving that all those cute football players do, inspires me!

So if I understand correctly, you've taken a little bit from here, a little bit from there and added some of your own stuff to make a uniquely you routine that you do for an incredible full hour while watching TV. Did I get that right? You are one smart cookie Luba, but I'm wondering how in the world I'm going to mirror a routine like that unless you make your own workout video.

So if I understand correctly, you've taken a little bit from here, a little bit from there and added some of your own stuff to make a uniquely you routine that you do for an incredible full hour while watching TV. Did I get that right? You are one smart cookie Luba, but I'm wondering how in the world I'm going to mirror a routine like that unless you make your own workout video.
    Well, What I found, LovingSpirit, is that just changing Videos day after day is very boring when all they say is 1-2-3-move this way, that way, blah, blah, blah. It's okay for the first ten times, after that one just can't take it anymore, and the exercise fizzles, the fat comes on, the couch looms closer, and there you are!

So...since I have comedy and drama shows I like to watch, I tape them and I figure why not exercise through them and make incorporate some moves from a lot of my videos. So that's what I do, and the hour goes quickly. I'm pretty gentle with myself, if I don't feel like giving it a huge shot, I just make bigger moves, or smaller ones, as long as I move. I also do stretches at the end of the exercise that I learned when I used to go to the gym that has now since closed.

Who said a favourite show has to be watched sitting down? Sometimes I even make two hours, but that doesn't happen often. In the spring, summer, and early fall I walked about 2 km four-five days a week. This year I chose to exercise at home in the morning.

Hmmmmm, my mind is in think mode now. You are really great Luba! I wish we lived closer to eachother.

Hmmmmm, my mind is in think mode now. You are really great Luba! I wish we lived closer to eachother.
    Me, too!

Great round of exercise and I feel over-the-moon!

One thing I forgot to add from my routine, LovingSpirit, is that "The Biggest Loser" show totally inspires me, I never miss an episode. It is more than a Reality Show, I believe it literally saves lives.

I watched this year's winner, Danny, win the title of "The Biggest Loser" and he is my inspiration. I watched that man do a 26.2 marathon in total pain as he proceeded, and he made it to the end to the finish line. I cried when I saw that.

Now when I feel like ending my exercise hour before the time is up, I have a banner in front of my television "Danny's Marathon" and that inspires me to complete the hour or do more.

As the link to "The Biggest Loser" seaon eight, episode 13 cannot be played in my area, if you would like to click on this link and see the video below, a true inspiration.

The Biggest Loser on NBC - The Biggest Loser 8 - Watch the Biggest Loser

To add another tidbit; when the body is scanned for the fat and it's shown, that is a sobering thought of how badly we are off when overweight. It is a Great Show, I highly recommend it.

I watched that man do a 26.2 marathon in total pain as he proceeded,
    I guess this doesn't make sense to me. Pain is an indicator that something is wrong.

I watched that man do a 26.2 marathon in total pain as he proceeded,
    I guess this doesn't make sense to me. Pain is an indicator that something is wrong.
    They are monitored quite closely, and if it's really bad they are taken to hospital right then and there like they did with Tracey.

I don't watch the show myself. It makes me feel uncomfortable. I know lots of people follow it and feel it's a great support tool, but I guess I kinda feel like it's exploitation. Please feel free to argue this with me and tell me your points of view.

How to Become A Contestant On The Biggest Loser Television Show | eHow.com

If you pass all the interview steps, they will ask that you go through a series of physical and mental evaluations by professionals of their choosing and on their tab. You'll get the best physicals of your life! They won't be expecting someone suffering from obesity to be in optimum health but you will need to be able to show that you are able to keep up with the rigors of the show and The Biggest Loser trainers.
    I only post this link to show that it's not that easy to get on the show.

I do disagree, LovingSpirit, only that these people need to lose weight to save their lives. It's how to get a life change so that people live longer for themselves, their families and get healthier.

As everyone knows, obesity is a terrible problem and now it's happening to kids, making them have adult illnesses sooner and shorten their life spans.

I don't feel it's exploitation as I've watched it for years, it has given me an eye-opener to my own health. I believe this Show is doing a lot of good.

Thanks for explaining that to me Luba. Most of it I was unaware of. Sooo.....it's kind of like a make over show? I think I better understand the idea behind this show now, but I know there are millions of watchers out there who are poking fun of these people and I think that is what is bothersome to me.

Thanks for explaining that to me Luba. Most of it I was unaware of. Sooo.....it's kind of like a make over show? I think I better understand the idea behind this show now, but I know there are millions of watchers out there who are poking fun of these people and I think that is what is bothersome to me.
    You're right, LovingSupport; it really is a life change for all of those people. You see them at the depths of despair and not only do they help them with the weight, the trainers help them to figure out what got them that way to begin with. It's all those inside issues that have to be looked at, then a life change can happen.

Watching the Show and the inner suffering of the people there to lose weight brings me to tears. It's all dealt with.

It is a crying shame if people do poke fun at these people because we all have issues to deal with. Some people drink, some take drugs, and some stuff themselves with food for comfort and to hide their pain, and it's those that have lost themselves through obesity that this Show helps. I watch the Show to cheer the ones that are serious to lose. Oh, like any reality show, there are backstabbers there, too, and drama, but for me, watching it inspires me to find the Positive that happens to them to lose weight.

You're right, LovingSupport;
    Hmmm, seems I've acquired another new name......

You're right, LovingSupport;
    Hmmm, seems I've acquired another new name......
    OMG, I didn't even catch that until I read your response.

I really think you DO deserve ALL these Positive names whether they be thought out or a slip of the tongue.

Awww Luba, you're always so nice to me. Thanks! {{{Hugs}}}

Awww Luba, you're always so nice to me. Thanks! {{{Hugs}}}
    You deserve it! With what you said about the past in some Websites and how you were treated, it's good that you came here and became family!

But make no mistake.......I am one messed up chickypoo!

Thread Information