We miss you!! (inactive member e-mail)

As some of you may have noticed, I've installed an inactive member e-mail reminder to remind all of you that your presence here is truly missed when you're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifesupporters
    Dear Member,

It has been a while since you have visited us and we truly miss having you around.

Could we not tempt you back?

In the event you cannot remember your password, you can request it here: http://www.lifesupporters.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw
    We hope to see you back soon.

Kindest Regards,
    Lifesupporters.com Forums
    http://www.lifesupporters.com/forums/
    Did you find the e-mail reminder to be a good thing, bad thing or do you have any comments you'd like to add?
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Re: We miss you!! (inactive member e-mail)

That's very nice, Duke!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

That is nice.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

i received the e-mail. it's very nice duke
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

I too appriciate the invite back and would like to wish everybody a Happy Father's Day. I would like to know just what I'm being invited back to. I'm not trying to be an ass, but the last time I posted here I got a resounding Cricket Chirp on just about every post I placed here.

I love to participate in places and I love the idea of being around people who have kids. It reduces the chance of being responded to by an adolescent without any idea what respect for themselves and others actually means.

Please don't get me wrong. i'm not someone who thinks themselves so important that everyone needs to fall over themselves to reply, but I would like to get to know a few of you here and maybe strike up a friendship. People are the most fascinating creatures on the planet and I'd like to talk with some. Thank you and have a great day.

Hi justmetoo

The joy of life....peoples opinions differ, peoples outlook differ, people express themselves differently and can sometimes be misunderstood. I dont recall the incidents that you mentioned and im sorry that you felt like that. I certainly hope that you are mistaken.....but should you feel that you have any issues in the future, shoot me a pm and we can put our heads together and we can try and resolve them.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by justmetoo View Post
    I too appriciate the invite back and would like to wish everybody a Happy Father's Day. I would like to know just what I'm being invited back to. I'm not trying to be an ass, but the last time I posted here I got a resounding Cricket Chirp on just about every post I placed here.

I love to participate in places and I love the idea of being around people who have kids. It reduces the chance of being responded to by an adolescent without any idea what respect for themselves and others actually means.

Please don't get me wrong. i'm not someone who thinks themselves so important that everyone needs to fall over themselves to reply, but I would like to get to know a few of you here and maybe strike up a friendship. People are the most fascinating creatures on the planet and I'd like to talk with some. Thank you and have a great day.
    Welcome back, justmetoo, and it's good that you mentioned why you left. A lot of people don't which leaves those of us that stay wondering what went wrong, well, me anyway.

I'm glad you came back and I look forward to your posts. Sometimes it gets slow here and other times it could be somewhat of a fun posting frenzy. Great people here, justmetoo, and I hope you will think of yourself part of these really nice people.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

I like the idea of "we miss you" email, lovely!
    the universe is made out of stories, not atoms

Quote Originally Posted by justmetoo View Post

I've been toiling with this issue for over 8 years now and just can't seem to find a recipe that works for everyone.

Most people come here because their in a depressive state over one issue or another and as such, typically have little to no interest in responding to anyone else's topics.

If you spend any time here, you'll come to notice that the vast majority of our membership has under 10 posts and the reason is that they get what they need right away, they don't get what they need and move on, or they've come here to spam links and get banned.

There is a very, very, low percentage of membership that actually wants to stick around and move topics forward.

If you think about your insight, this is pretty much typical. You want to be involved in a thriving community as we do but if you don't get that right away, you move on. As much as I understand this mindset, it does nothing to help the situation and unfortunately, it's the norm and the reason the site maintains the level of activity it maintains.

I've personally been criticized for my own level of involvement here and while I do take that to heart, no site should ever grind to a hault because 1 or 2 members are away as this site does.

Unfortunately our recipe just doesn't work.

We attract plenty of new membership, have a high number of guest visits daily but unfortunately cannot attract and maintain an extremely active memberslist.

All of the above aside, we can't dilute our forum offerings that much either because it will confuse the Search Engines, they won't know exactly what our site is about and they will guess on how to index us. This is a site killer as you NEVER want a Search Engine telling you what your site is about because they ALWAYS guess wrong.

Take all of the above into consideration and you have to either:

1. Adjust your community focus in-toto to attract more outgoing and positive membership that will want to return. This means an entire revamp of all forum categories, topics, etc., which sadly means we lose most if not all the internet traffic we currently attract.
    2. Work within the confines of the current recipe but entice depressed or people undergoing a wide range of social issues, to post more (viable?).

This site itself is undergoing some huge aesthetic changes as well as structural changes on a local test version I'm currently building. My hopes are that committing to a more positive color scheme, better layout, more concise forum architecture and perk/reward system will entice people to stick around longer.

Is this the recipe for success, I doubt it but it has to be tried. As you've so elegantly pointed out, cobwebs cover vast areas of our community and the only way to get rid of them is to clean things up and add a little life.

Here is a question, what would keep you coming back regularly? This question goes out to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
    I like the idea of "we miss you" email, lovely!
    Thanks twinkle
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Thread Information