Thumbs up Qwanoes 2009 "Good to be Alive"

Alrightie. So as most of you know VachelVace's sister, VachelVace and myself all went on one of our famous marvelous journeys on July 19th 2009.

On July 19th 2009 Miranda, Rachel and Paris got on a ferry and traveled a great distance to Crofton, where "camp Qwanoes" resides. We made our way to our cabin #17 and picked our bunks. We then met our counselors, Elisabeth and Lisa. We then met all our cabin mates. Katie, Allie, Ondraya, Suzanne, Josiline, Keisha and Sabrina. We immediately clicked with Katie and Allie because they are awesome. The rest of day one was full of resting and Q-Town.

Note: Q-town is a big tent where the "camp Qwanoes band" plays every morning and night. Every person in camp goes to Q-town in the morning to listen to really awesome christian music and listen to our speaker.

On July 20th 2009 Miranda, Rachel and Paris are very excited to be at Qwanoes but they are not very excited to use the Qwanoes girl's bathrooms.

Note: The Qwanoes girls bathrooms are a bit like a jungle. The girls fight for the sinks and mirrors in attempt to look fabulous for the day. The showers are about the size of a small bathroom stall. They are also not cleaned regularly me thinks.

Luckily Miranda was listing at the opening ceremony at Q-Town the day before, because our speaker mentioned that there was a brand new girls bathroom down by the beach.

Note: In order for the girls to get down to the beach they must walk down a rather large cliff. And then back up it again...

But Miranda, Paris and Rachel did what they had to do and descended upon the mighty cliff to get to the clean and unused bathrooms. The bathrooms were beautiful and new and pristine. The girls were content, especially because they were the only three using it. The gong for breakfast time rang and they met their cabin mates and their counselors to eat breakfast. Then it was time to clean their cabin, after their cabin's were clean they went to Q-Town. After Q-Town they met with their counselors to ask questions about what the speaker had said that morning. Than their was an "All Star Game"

Note: Camp Qwanoes is very fond of games. In fact they are so fond of it that they call their games "All star games" please note this as to I will refer to this term often.

The All Star game was that we had to attack opposing teams to get tubes and big colorful balls. Despite how dumb this sounds, it's my favorite game to play. Accept you get lots of scratches and bruises.

Then it was lunch time and than time for activities. The activities the girls did was "Art, Kayaking and reading" Rachel and Paris decided kayaking was not fun enough to do for an hour so they went swimming in the ocean instead.

Note: Qwanoes beach is the most extravagant beach in the world. It is complete with two water seesaws, a iceberg climbing thing, a huge slide, water trampolines and inner tubes. The inner tubes get attached to boats which pull you around in the ocean and try to make you fall off. This is really painful and fun.

After this there is dinner, more Q-Town, a snack and then bedtime.

This is a typical day at Qwanoes.

Miranda, Rachel and Paris did many more things at Qwanoes within their time there. They inner tubed, played many more games, decided that they didn't really like three of their cabin mates, and one of their counselors and that they found Q-town kinda boring.

Qwanoes 2009 "Good to be Alive" was filled with many inside jokes and laughs and new friends... and enemies.

Remember you are unique...
    Just like everyone else...

<3 Love your friends, <3 Love your family, <3 Love your life...

I love Duke, Luba, Charbar, Aunty Honney and VachelVace!!! <3<3<3

Re: Qwanoes 2009 "Good to be Alive"

Wow that's quite the story. I was wondering if I'd see the slushie mentioned in this one but I'm guessing your creating that wholesome goodness in the dating/relationships forum?

Did you manage to get any pictures at Qwanoes?
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

nope no pictures cause I have no camera... and What "slushie" thing???

Quote Originally Posted by Dwoing View Post
    nope no pictures cause I have no camera... and What "slushie" thing???
    You know the whole sex before marriage story you told me the other night.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

oh yeahh so it won't be anything bad just like "going out for smoothies"

Sounds like you girls had a Good time, Dwoing; Great to have you back safe!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Thread Information