infringement of human rights. The group has called on Thai
    authorities to the plan.

A spokesman for Bangkwang prison said the videos will
    highlight the risks of drug dealing, a capital offense, and
    other crimes. Nearly 1,000 of Thailand's 6,000 prisoners are
    on death row.

Do you think prisoners final moments should be broadcast live
    over the internet?

I would suppose they think it would serve as some sort of deterrent. I could see the point either way. I'm not sure who would actually WATCH the execution....but you never know.

I wonder what one would have to do in Thailand to warrant the death penalty and if it lines up with our own system.

I do not see why not.

Also, I do not understand how it is infringing on human rights. Are we saying that convicted murders and drug dealers have afforded their victims "human rights" that they will be denied in a broadcast execution?

personally- i don't believe in the death penalty

but if you are going to have it- i think they should go all out and make it a reality tv series- make people see what can happen as well as what they are sentencing convicted felons to if found guilty of a crime

Maybe that would make peeps take the judicial system more seriously- I doubt Scott Peterson would have gotten the death penalty if the jury knew his death would be on prime time television

as for who would watch it- you'd be surprised- people have a morbid curiousity- how many peeps have seen Faces of Death or linked on to the American beheadings?

I doubt there are enough collective balls in California to ever execute anyone . Just because someone gets the death penalty there....only 'suggest' they can...not that they actually will.

You are right. I suppose people WILL watch it. I wouldn't. I don't even attend funerals and 'look' at the dead person.

I worked with a guy who had killed a man when we has 19. He did his time and went on to be a very productive husband, father and worker. So, I understand the death penalty arguement. Not everyone who kills someone is a monster. Sometimes it's a mistake.

Then there are the others........

Thread Information