Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Choosing a religion

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The only thing IKEA instructions have over the Bible is at least you get an allen key.
    I snorted when I read this; veeerry funny!

This is a great topic Duke! It appears as though (if I may make an assumption) you are searching for deeper meaning in life. In this crazy, disconnected world we live in, I can understand why that is.

To be honest, I think the answer is right under your nose. IMO, what we are missing in our lives that creates that the empty space, which can be filled with religion, is a true sense of community and connection to others in a deep, meaningful and real way. While this may only be a virtual community, you have in fact worked tirelessly and diligently to create exactly what it is that you are subconsciously yearning for.

Or perhaps I am just crazy.

I wish you the best on your journey of discovery!

Re: Choosing a religion

I know this is an older topic and excuse me, but I just sorta skimmed through the responses to Duke's post. I have had the same dilemma most of my life as you, Duke. For me, I didn't want to be a hypocrite and start preaching the word of God without truly knowing it. Also, all that fire and brimstone stuff, really spooked me.

I have finally found a faith that, although I don't completely and totally believe in yet, it still speaks to me. It's called Metaphysical Christianity. Even though I don't have total blind faith in it yet, I am assuming it is because I have not completely wrapped my head around it. I also don't like to assume that everything Spiritual is totally black nor white. It all speaks to each of us in different ways.

We must experience it for ourselves before we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Keep questioning God, it will only bring you closer to Him.

"God has no religion..." ― Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information