Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1795

Re: What are you up to?

Getting ready to go visit my brother and his family this morning.

Wishing everyone a GREAT day!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Today was a long day.......A favourite Aunty that i loved dearly, despite seeing for 40 years, passed away last week and was cremated today. All day at work i drove around thinking of her

I would have loved to have been able to go home to the UK, in times like this i feel incredibly homesick. I guess its proof that irregardless of where you live, where you were born is always your true home.

There are words in a favourite song of mine by an artist no one outside of Australia would have heard of. Its about an old Scicilian man, living on his own...he says
    "Home is not where you live, home is where you are prepared to die".

I sometimes wonder

Hello everyone, I'm sorry I haven't been around much but I've been terribly busy offsite.

Just some insight into what's gone on up until now.

The move to this Server was a complete and utter nightmare. The entire process took well over 3 weeks as I was manually backing up all sites on the Server locally on my own Computer. This represents a huge amount of work because uncertainty was always present over when the move would initiate/complete so I was constantly downloading database backups for all my sites and client sites in triplicate (I'm paranoid that way).

I've also been forced to wrap my head around a new theme engine for Wordpress. The main reason for this is that I hold a developer license for this theme engine (Thesis for Wordpress) and use it exclusively on all my Wordpress Sites due to it's clean code and SEO Optimization.

The theme engine has been rewritten from the ground up and is completely different from what I'm accustomed to. Since I had to take the time to learn how to use it properly, I thought it a good time to learn how to code cleanly and have since validated for the very first time as 100% HTML5 and CSS Level 3 Valid.

This knowledge will ripple through all my sites as Fragtard.net, Movie-Talk.net and of course, Lifesupporters.com will all benefit from the knowledge.

Speaking of Lifesupporters, the main site will be moved from it's current Joomla platform to Wordpress sometime within the next few months. This move will incorporate our new look and once validated and published, the forums will undergo a major upgrade.

As for Fragtard.net, a lot of work has been put into that website. If you're interested, the site can be seen here:

Fragtard | Multiplayer Gaming Community
    Fragtard | Multiplayer Gaming Community

Although the site looks small and empty right now, it's due to more people playing games than posting. The site itself celebrates roughly 10 times the forum activity that Lifesupporters.com does and is the test bed for how to kick start Lifesupporters.

I've also dumped untold amounts of time into YouTube. Since I'm a gamer it only makes sense that I create a YouTube presence for gaming. I've only begun to wrap my head around YouTube marketing and populating the page but for those interested in gaming with commentary, here is my Fragtard channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Fragtardnet

It's no secret that I'm underwhelmed by the activity here as many of you are. I've been criticized for being part of the issue because of my absence but I'm here to say that I simply will never subscribe to this point of view.

If a site lives and dies because of one person then the writing was already on the wall and the site doomed.

Fragtard although small, hardly notices when I'm not there which is the way it should be. In fact, we should all be able to disappear and the site not notice but if 4 or 5 people were to suddenly stop returning this site would simply gather dust.

I'm cognizant of the issue and can't thank you people enough for continuing to return as faithfully as you do!

That said, I need to give you better reasons to return which is what I've also been trying to understand.

I can say that during the Forum upgrade, we'll be losing between 15 - 25% of our Forum Categories. The less popular forums will be amalgamated into larger forums with broader focus (but not too broad), everything else will have to fit into General Categories.

The reason is that we're going to narrow our focus dramatically on what we "officially support" and market the site in that manner.

Our biggest killer with Google has been our broad focus and it does not drive nearly the percentage of targeted traffic to Lifesupporters as it should. We get tons of traffic but a very small percentage of it is targeted in the manner it should be.

As an example, a good percentage of our traffic comes from a topic entitled "Unethical ways to make money online that are not illegal".

This does not speak Lifesupporters.com to me but these do:

In simplest terms, we're going to optimize the site to support this type of content rather than support no content as it does currently.

At Fragtard I've been messing around with sub-themes and have found success in this regard. As an example I submit the following forums:

Not only do the forums look different but they act differently in Google as well.

Each can be optimized independently of one another to enhance our SEO which should make a big difference in getting more targeted traffic here.

Unlike Fragtard, you won't really notice a difference in forums here as that's a ton of work and beyond the scope of what's required but the principle remains the same.

The main theme will have many sub-themes, each with there own identity and header images but that will be the only noticeable difference between them. In fact, these header images will likely rotate so you'll never really know what theme you're looking at but Google will.

We'll also have a top navigation that makes sense and is relevant to the forums. There will be no "Feeds", "Links", "Polls" for example. Instead it will be replaced by relevant links such as "Relationships", "Parenting", "Abuse" with subtopics such as "Dating" as a subtopic of "Relationships".

This too will aid Google in understanding what we're about.

Lastly, I will be embracing Facebook and Twitter a bit more but I'm not sure how that will work at this time? There won't be auto-posting to these Social Platforms but there will be integrated actions such as Post to Wall, Like, etc., as it's another potential traffic source.

This will give people the choice on what can and can't be shared outside this site which I believe is a good balance between privacy, offsite marketing and Community building.

A bit longer of an update than I thought I'd post but I thought it fair you all know what's coming. I love this site and will continue to do my best to support it but that being said, I have other obligations that require my attention so I need to make this site sustainable.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Very exciting news Ken and im sure it will be great

laundry and wondering if I should mow the lawn today. Feeling quite weak from a difficult night.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Cleaning the closet and actually getting rid of stuff, hard for me to do, but surprisingly I'm doing it.

Just finished an email to a very dear friend

One small joy in a very hectic day............

Quote Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
    Just finished an email to a very dear friend

One small joy in a very hectic day............
    What a lovely post!

------------------

I'm off to carry on with my laundry!

Have a GREAT day!

I worked 12 hours, now i'm kicking back and putting my feet up!
    " To thy own self be true..."

Quote Originally Posted by BridgieBridge View Post
    I worked 12 hours, now i'm kicking back and putting my feet up!
    Good girl! A person needs time for oneself just to kick back and rest one's mind.

I'm trying to catch up on some posting on my beloved Lifesupporters.

Dang it anyway! I see two lovely ladies here right now, Bridgie and Ayla, and wish I could stay here to post now with them.

LOVELY to see you ladies here, and hope to catch up with you again soon, soon, soon; meanwhile have a Won-der-ful day, girls!(Bridgie, Ayla, and me!)

I have been a very busy girl..... Between working, i been doing my other working, lol. I have made jewelry for the last 10 years and i sell it in my spare time. I kinda took a big break from it for over the last year... have'nt made a thing.... but then i had some gig's to go sell it at come up, and at the last one i nearly sold out of my inventory that i've had since the last i was making thing's. So now since the last week and a half i have been cram producing thing's..... Like i've made over 75 earring's, more then 20 necklaces, a handful of bracelet's.. all for this weekend coming up, i got 5 day's left til show down. Today i'm gonna make some more stuff, but really i need to get to tagging and pricing, that is my least favorite part...

It's easier when you feel the flow and go with it. It's dreadful tto sitt down and mass produce! But i booked the gig's with limited inventory and how can i sell something i don't have???? lol....

I've been busy as well... Co-Managing a business with one friend and then trying to start up my own business as well, plus work a 9-5 job elsewhere. The stress was killing me, so I'm taking a little break.

I've noticed that traffic hits in general tend to be negativity focused. People ignore the Unicorns and Rainbow settings, but a negative topic gets looked at the most. I've noticed this to be true in any niche. No wonder the News Stations embellish tragedies.

Fall break is over, so I'm back to classes today. I wish I could go back in time to my 18 year old self who put college off "to live a little" and smack myself in the back of the head! STUPID! Such is life though, no?
    STOP MOUNTAIN TOP REMOVAL

If only we could turn back time!

Or build a time machine. Anyone have a spare Delorean?
    STOP MOUNTAIN TOP REMOVAL

Despite my overwhelming week, i'm gonna try to clean my house and my sister and her kids are coming over for dinner!

im going to spend the next 4 solid hours before retiring to bed to focus on my project solely.

on a separate note, it is just so annoying with people who still bull****ting their way out at work. sigh. they won't last..

secondly, i should say to myself, don't get worked up for things that not going to be matter in months to come. not worth it.
    Life Should Be Adventures... Embrace Fear

www.entrepreneur-life.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Dass View Post
    im going to spend the next 4 solid hours before retiring to bed to focus on my project solely.

on a separate note, it is just so annoying with people who still bull****ting their way out at work. sigh. they won't last..

secondly, i should say to myself, don't get worked up for things that not going to be matter in months to come. not worth it.
    SO true, Kevin, you have a Wonderful day!

It's taking quite a long while to get posts to submit today or even get around here...probably my computer. I'm going to quit for now and maybe try later....

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    It's taking quite a long while to get posts to submit today or even get around here...probably my computer. I'm going to quit for now and maybe try later....
    Working fine for me dear Luba

Look forward to your posts later.

Saturday evening, had a long day of spring cleaning the ground floor and all that is left is a quick polish of the flooring and windows .... phew ... sunshine shows up absolutely every streak and spek of dust

So sat watching Men in Black 2 for fun.

Laundry

Watching "Who do you think you are : USA" .........very interesting : Valerie Bertinelli

Trying to comb through over 2 TB of video on my Gaming Rig to make videos from.

For those not in the know, I'm a Gamer and have a YouTube Channel if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF9...83IlyZAYWhArZA

My Gaming Community is Band of Others at bandofothersgaming.com.

...and here are the kind of Members you can expect to find at Band of Others. Keep in mind we've known each other in some cases for over a decade so the ingame comms reflect that little factoid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zflKHIvJ-xw
    Last edited by Duke; 05-05-2015 at 06:17 PM.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Thread Information