Page 1 of 72 123 ... LastLast

What are you up to?

The last two weeks have been horribly busy for me which has left precious little time for spamming it up around here. I've been popping in now and again the past few days and noticed that it seems everyone is up to the same routine; pop in, see nothing happened, and then leave again.

Just out of curiosity I'm curious as to what you all are up to in your busy lives? I'm interested in what you fine folks are up to and I find discussing it should be quite interesting.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Re: What are you up to?

I'll start.

I just put a roast on the kettle barbecue, my first roast I've attempted to cook, ever. I'm just kinda browsing the forums anticipating a bit of a spamming spree.

What are you up to?
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

I've noticed it quiet here somewhat, so I've been popping in less.

I'm going to do the supper dishes right now and then watch the News.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

I just finished barbecuing my first roast and I have to say, it's awesome. I don't know what I would do without my kettle barbecue, I've never had such juicy and tender meats in all my life?
    My Daughter Rules!

I have been busy organizing my daughter's wedding for the most part. Finally found the place for the wedding and the reception, have a DJ lined up, have talked to a florist, and the musicians for the wedding. Today I made my own Irish Cream from a recipe my cousin gave me. Tastes pretty good. Now I am watching a movie. Laid back night.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

I just finished watching a movie myself, the 40 year old virgin
    My Daughter Rules!

Never have had the desire to watch that. Looked too stupid I guess.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Having a coffee and reading the new posts.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

aching all over. had a softball double header today. also writing without capital letters because yes, I am that lazy right now. which is apparently only half lazy as i have all other grammar and such.

headed to bed now, because i am exhuasted all over too.

Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    Never have had the desire to watch that. Looked too stupid I guess.
    It's actually a good movie but it's a mans movie; it would most likely offend you to watch it.

Just woke up with a killer headache. Figure I may as well post a bit while the Aspirin kicks in then head back to bed for a bit.

I hope I'm not coming down with something
    My Daughter Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

I hope I'm not coming down with something
    I hope you're going to be okay! Maybe you've done too much the last while and your body just needs more rest.

I'm going to get ready in a few moments to meet my friend for breakfast, then maybe visit a young man that I used to work with, at his second job. Need some laughs, and he always is able to provide some.

I'm sure I'll be fine. It feels as if I've been coming down with something the past week or so but my body hasn't succumbed to it yet. Maybe a bit of rest this weekend will see me right as rain?

Anyway, I'm currently contemplating one more cup of coffee while I write an article for the main page that I hope to publish this weekend. Maybe I'll work on completing the larger aspects of the forum theme later on in the day?
    My Daughter Rules!

Hope you feel better soon.

I'm far too busy these days so I decided to cancel my plans for tonight and stay in and do nothing. Bliss!

I am up 2 reading saintiggy,watching maneater -which is a very long movie- , checking up on my account on evony, talking to my bff maya about my guy problems - you guys could prob help me out with that better then my friends if only i knew how to post a quistion instead of replying on here but like i said im new- and eating doritos!!!!

To post a new topic, all you need do is go to the forum you wish to post a new topic in and click on

For a more in depth explanation of forum usage, please see our FAQ.
    My Daughter Rules!

Just watching Close Encounters and contemplating taking a nap due to my lack of sleep last night.
    My Daughter Rules!

Very groggy, need a nap because the weather is bleak.

Being totally lazy today and watching TV and movies all day.

I am on lifesupporters
    Remember you are unique...
    Just like everyone else...

<3 Love your friends, <3 Love your family, <3 Love your life...

I love Duke, Luba, Charbar, Aunty Honney and VachelVace!!! <3<3<3

wow what a coinky dink, I am on Lifesupporters too
    My Daughter Rules!

Just watched an old Musical starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. Love the innocence of those old movies when they just break out into song and dance; their dancing was incredible.

It's been crazy since my baby is showing signs of colic. I rushed her to the hospital two days ago. Her face was all red and it was like she was already having difficulty breathing. I tried to carry her, sing to her, bring her near the exhaust fan. Normally she would stop crying when I do these things but none of it worked. It was like she's scared of something.The moment we stepped out of the house, she calmed down. When we reached the hospital and the doctor came in she was smiling. The doctor must've think I am crazy and too paranoid..The doctor said that everything is perfectly normal with my baby. When we came back from the hospital she started crying again...
    " Begin with the ending in mind ~ Stephen Covey "

Off to some family with my gf. Some work needs to be done. After that, some nice time for relaxation - and an interesting week at work coming up.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    It's been crazy since my baby is showing signs of colic. I rushed her to the hospital two days ago. Her face was all red and it was like she was already having difficulty breathing. I tried to carry her, sing to her, bring her near the exhaust fan. Normally she would stop crying when I do these things but none of it worked. It was like she's scared of something.The moment we stepped out of the house, she calmed down. When we reached the hospital and the doctor came in she was smiling. The doctor must've think I am crazy and too paranoid..The doctor said that everything is perfectly normal with my baby. When we came back from the hospital she started crying again...
    I posted a link in the chatbox sam but here it is again in case you missed it:

Infant colic - the causes, symptoms and treatments

It sounds like one of the best things you can do for your colicky child is subject them to movement either by a child swing, car ride, etc. You may even be able to leave them on top of the washing machine or clothes dryer while doing laundry.

I'm just having a cup 'o joe atm and answering some posts. I gotta go buy some socks later because all of mine are holy.
    My Daughter Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Aw Sam, a crying baby on no sleep is just awful . She'll outgrow it. OK it sounds insane but here my sure fire colic cure: Babe in arms rocked up and down while you stand and either walk around or even better step forward and back so babe is being sort of jiggled and swung at the same time. Turn her towards you (if you're desperate and the baby is new then skin to skin is best ) and as you rock, pat their bottom, not too hard but quite firmly. Singing helps too. Why this works, I don't know, but it always did with mine. Problem is, it's exhausting and as soon as you stop, they start all over again.

Thread Information